Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Nice staff, but crummy ending

Sail Date: February 16, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The staff at the Carnival Dream was amazing- everyone was nice to our children and they remembered everyone's names after meeting us only the first time. Everyone went out of their way to include our kids (age 4, 5, and 7) in conversation which made them very happy. Camp Carnival and their staff are THE BEST! Our kids begged us to go to camp, and the staff was accommodating when our 5 year old wanted to spend time with the 7 year old, as they were in different rooms, from 10pm and beyond.

The ONLY problem I have is that, on the last night, my husband and daughter slept in the same bed together and they both woke up with bites ALL over their bodies. They have both been very uncomfortable and we have appointments to see the doctor to treat the skin infection as we are not sure if they are bed bugs, bed/dust mites, etc... I think that, especially on a 7 night cruise, the sheets need to be changed midway through the week. We are not dirty people, and I do not think anything hopped on when we stopped at an island. Customer service was kind and they said they would investigate the room, but they do not follow up unless they have questions. This last night/morning event has me feeling very... uncomfortable about boarding another ship.
NO kiddie pools???
With the exception of the last night