First and Last Cruise

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 11, 2007
My mother and I cruised March 2007. we veered from our usual course of all-inclusive island vackages and thought it would be cool to try this.
Our stateroom was the oldest and we were next to a frat house. There was vomit outside out door even bfore the sail away! it got progressively worse from there. we didn't sleep all week. the food was eh and the entertainment lacked originality. Mike in the piano bar made the trip bearable. he was fantastic!
This is a party boat catering to springbreakers. but i take partial blame for not knowing that beforehand. it was definitely my first and last cruise.

the waiters entertain nightly. they were awesome fun.

plenty of excursions. a bit pricey. actuall, everything's pricey for the quality.

seemed like the camp carnival was a sweet deal for folks with kids.

the pandering of drinks is more than annoying. shame on carnival!
if and when i want a drink, i'm more than capable of getting one.
same with the photos. jesus! such a waste!

6326 is a dump.
booked a tour on my own with reyno tours. excellent tour. island is impoverished though. a bit too dirty for my taste.
one of my faves. would definitely go back
Don't Miss: trunk bay
one of my faves. would definitely go back. and that's saying something because i was completely hung over that day! Happy Birthday to me!
Don't Miss: Reduit Beach - the guys making baskets and hats out of palm.
one of my faves. would definitely go back
Don't Miss: Runaway Beach and the BBQ for lunch up at the bar. tasty!

Pros: a good way to island hop

Cons: everything other than the ports of call

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.