So-so trip

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Conquest

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 15, 2020

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1258

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Disappointed overall. No carved fruit figures in the buffet area. The ship rocked and lurched heavily the whole trip but the last night was awful! The food in the buffet area was just okay. Nothing notable. A few times I actually think they had recycled a dish into something else for another meal. The shows were nothing spectacular and outside of gambling or art auctions, not much to do during sea days.

Embarkation

Embarking was smooth and easy.

Ship experiences

The main dining room was disorganized and not very good. The first night I ordered pork chop. It was so tough I could barely cut it. The second night we had to wait FOREVER for our food to arrive. The poor waiter was so polite. He kept telling us there was a problem in the kitchen. We finally left before finishing the meal.

I went to the Serenity deck. It was nice. The first day it was very crowded. The second day I was able to get a clam shell all to myself.

The onboard production 80's show was pretty good. Nothing really outstanding. I didn't care for the sexual undertones at Bingo. "Yeah bay-bee" was what we were supposed to yell if we had the number.

Service was great. My room steward Rosella was warm and friendly. She kept the room so tidy and always left towel animals. Nina in the casino was also very friendly.

The ship was very clean. Someone was always wiping down things or spiffing things up.

Loved my cabin! I've never had an interior room but it was perfect for sleeping! One morning it was 10 before I woke up because the cabin was so dark and cool.

Ship tip

Take a water bottle with you. The cups are small and if you drink a lot, you will constantly be running to the Lido deck to refill.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Pretty place.

Grand Turk Island

Grand Turk left a bad taste in my mouth. The people were rude (even the officials) and the place was falsely advertised as 'free'. Yes- there is a free beach and free lounge chairs ( the ones with the green tops). However, there were only two chairs on the free beach. Other than those you sat on your beach towel in the sand. The free beach had boulders you had to climb over to get to the water. I fell and busted my hiney. On the other side (where you had to pay) there were plenty of chairs and easy access to the beach and water. $50 for a blow-up float lounger, $35 for the chairs, and no haggling with the price. Like I said, the people were rude.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Loved San Juan. The views are amazing from the fort. People are so friendly. Lots of uphill walking but so worth it!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

We went to Megan's Bay. It was pretty but I expected breathtaking as this is one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Eh, not so much. Nothing exceptional. I snorkeled but the water didn't have any shells or fish in it. Disappointing.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Here the visitor's center is excellent. They have a huge pool, splash pad, water slide and plenty of hammocks -all truly free. There is shopping in the plaza, a beautiful fountain and lots of friendly people. The prices are reasonable in the shops. I rented a kayak for $19 for a half hour and went out on the ocean. It was beautiful! This was one of my favorite stops.

Disembarkation