Wonderful Port and Ship

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Conquest

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 22, 2019

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 7332

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Conquest is a great ship! Everyone is super friendly. The itinerary is fantastic and if I did it again would have plenty of other things to see at the same stops. Highly recommend.

Embarkation

Smoothest & quickest I've been on!

Ship experiences

Dining room staff was fabulous as was the food. Alchemy Bar and Piano Bar were faves. Buffet was typical cruise buffet but rarely ate it. Did sit down breakfast every morning and it was heavenly.

Chairs and pools were crowded as usual.

Wish they did different shows on different ships. Once you've seen them you've seen them. The violins and the calypso music are so high pitch they give a headache after 10 minutes. Need to get some variety.

My steward called me by name every time he saw me after just one meeting. Room service was prompt and friendly. Bar tenders were all fun.

You could tell it was an older ship but was mostly well maintained. One of the prettier ships I've been on. Loved all the artist areas and decor.

This was a handicap accessible room and laid out a bit different from any I've been in. I would not want more than 2 people in it but perfect for my daughter and I . We are not in the room much anyway and like the dark and quiet at night. It was kept clean and if we ever had a problem it was quickly corrected.

Ship tip

Go to the dining room for breakfast!! So much better than buffet and available everyday.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Very smooth on and off. Love that luggage is on carousels and not just piled by number like other ports I've been in.

Grand Turk Island

My daughter said Grand Turk was boring but it was one of my favorite. Beach was gorgeous and completely chill vibe. We just walked down the beach to Jack's Shack and got chairs and an umbrella. Did not get crowded til later in the afternoon so we were able to just float in the ocean, tan in peace, and enjoy some drinks and jerk chicken.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We did a city tour once off the ship. It was $25 each and on a nice air conditioned bus. Took us to many points we would not have been able to walk to. Saw the forts and then got dropped off at the shopping area. Made an easy down hill walk back to "umbrella street" and the ship. Gorgeous city, just too much to see without transportation.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

My daughter will not do lifts so we did another taxi tour to be able to see the sights. It stopped at several places for pictures, Magens Bay, and finished on Mountain Top where we shopped and had a daiquiri. Everything seemed really over priced and was just not as impressed with this stop.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

We just stayed in the Carnival area with the pools, etc. It was HOT and crowded. Took forever to get a drink. Could not feel the ocean breeze at all. Mainly spent some time for the wi-fi. If I went back I would do the waterfalls excursion. With everything going on in the DR right now my ex did not really want my daughter venturing out.

Disembarkation

Easy, breezy. We put our luggage out the night before, had breakfast, were off within 20 minutes.