FUN but in some aspects disappointing

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Conquest

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 22, 2019

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 7293

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Great time spent with family. I just wish I could have worked after buying the internet package on a safe, on board computer with more privacy.

Embarkation

Getting on board the ship was quick & easy. I love the new early check in & no long lines!

Ship experiences

NOT impressed with the slow service in the main dining room - The Monet. We had a 6pm dinner time and food was not served until almost 7pm and then we were in a rush to get to the other end of the boat for a 7:30pm show. I had booked the earlier dinner to avoid this. Also food was not that great. Friday night I ordered prime rib with baked potato & the potato was not edible - too hard & not cooked. In getting the food so late, if you wanted dessert, we felt rushed out & unable to enjoy coffee with our dessert as the next seating was 8pm. In the future I will eat on the Lido deck. Service up there was 5 stars!!!

There was always something going on we were interested in

FABULOUS shows & comedians

I didn't have children I brought under the age of 18

Our room steward "Stingray" was AMAZING! EVERY time we saw him he was laughing & smiling. My grandson gave him a high five every morning!

Again, our cabin steward was amazing! He kept everything just right for us! Thank you Stingray!

Ship tip

If you plan to work while on board this ship, bring your own lap top or tablet. The ship's computers are NOT in a "designated area" & are located on the main floors for all to see as they walk by. I decided to work only from my personal cell phone so as not to expose any of my client's private information to anyone walking behind me. The computers are located IN THE OPEN in the hallway right by the casino (heavily traveled are) & in the lobby right across from the excursion desk. Also heavily traveled area. I don't understand why there is a room with a door called the "library" where people can play cards or board games but there is not a designated, more secure, area for the computers for the guests to use. I will not use this ship again solely for this reason. I will be more inquisitive as to where computers are located 1st before sailing.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida Did not visit port

didn't really "visit", just boarded ship there

Grand Turk Island

Nice island - no excursion, just did beach for about 1 hour then shopping near port

San Juan, Puerto Rico

No excursion, just shopping downtown. We took a taxi van - no excursion

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

MY FAVORITE PORT. Yes, we did the shopping, site seeing & beach excursion booked through cruise411 and we had a FABULOUS driver of our open air bus....ELVIS! He was AMAZING!!! THE BANANA DAQUIRIS WERE AMAZING!

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Many were hesitant to get off the ship but we were not. We even had a quick snack & liquor beverages at a quaint restaurant. REALLY ENJOYED THIS PORT!

Disembarkation

QUICK & EASY - NO MORE CUSTOMS FORMS! YAY!!! WTG CARNIVAL!