Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Staff is rude, and clueless

Sail Date: May 28, 2016

From the moment we boarded, we had problems with the staff.  No one knew anything ("hi, which way is our room?"  "ummmm, it might be to the right?  Could be to the left though, not sure") - they didnt know where our room was, and a second staffer actually asked what deck it was on, while looking at our key.  Keep in mind that it SAYS THE DECK ON THE KEY.

Dining staff was - with one exception - VERY slow, and got peoples orders wrong repeatedly (people at the next table had to wait 3x for their correct meal).

Guest services is a joke.  They are all rude, smug, and VERY condescending.  The only apology was when I said I was disappointed with the lack of knowledge on the crew's part.  I was told "Im sorry you feel that way.  i can assure you they know their stuff though".  No, I can assure you, they dont... they dont know the answers to basic questions.

The cruise left about 3 hours late, the only reason given was that "1 indivual is having an issue" - not sure what that means, but ok.  Shore excursions team booked us for an excursion with a completely different name, then tried blaming it on "your pronunciation of that word was weird - the word in question was 'secret', which apparently she likes to pronounce "secrete".  Also, not really the choice of words to use towards a customer.

Anyhow, horrible anniversary because of the crew.  We wont be taking a cruise via Carnival again.  HOWEVER, Our Steward (Hiro, I believe) and his crew were amazing - always friendly and helpful