Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: December 26, 2015

- The staff was as friendly and accommodating as any cruise I have been on.

- 12 hours in Curacao was awesome

- Cheers program was priced right and I was appreciative that I could pay for that before the cruise

- Food in the "special restaurant" was really good and the staff there was perhaps the best I have had on a cruise.

- Price - cheapest of the holiday cruises (you get what you pay for).

- The ship is chopped up not an open feeling as many other cruises I have been on.

- Interior needs to be updated

- The choppiness of the ship made the smoke from the casino overwhelming.  Higher ceilings or better smoke filtration is needed.

- I was disappointed by half moon cay and Grand Turk.  Very little to do there which mean more time on the ship.

- Food in the regular dining room was average at best.  Anytime dining process is awful, we waited 40-60 minutes each night to be seated.

- Catamaran snorkel trip in Aruba held 80 people, way to many people in my opinion.  I think for these types of excursions the cruise line should publish capacity.  We arrived at the excursion and immediately got off due to the number of people.  Carnival fully refunded the excursion.

- Polaris buggy adventure in Curacao would have been better if 2-3 of the buggies did not stall out.  It is suppose to be a 2 person adventure we ended up in a 4 person buggy.

Cabin was clean on the interior. The room needs updating. The cabin was or at least felt smaller than other cruise lines. Holes in the lampshades was a bit of a disappointment
Easy with no issues.
Needs to be re-done. More open concepts, clean the salt of the windows, fix the lamps with the holes in the shades. However, my stateroom was extremely clean and kept that way the entire length of the cruise,
Please see comments above.
Casino could be upgraded to include newer slot machines. New Years celebration was weak compared to other cruiselines. Usually there is a buffet for New Years, I couldn't find one.
I assume not good because kids were running around the ship unaccompanied. I imagine this is a parent problem. However, just because your on a boat doesn't mean people including kids should be uncivilized.
It was ok, some other cruises I have been on had cirque. I would expected more use of the theater with more up to date songs.
All of the staff was friendly and accommodating. I have been on a dozen cruises and this ranks at the top.
Food was average in main dining but great in the special restaurant. The cafeteria food was awful, I found several hairs in the salad bar. Guest should be required to wear shoes and shirts when getting food.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
not worth getting off the ship
Grand Turk Island
It's hyped up to be more than it is. A giant swimming pool and a Margaritaville that serves bad food.
Willemstad, Curacao
Great island. Love the downtown area.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Go to the beach on the other side of the island. The shopping right at the port is also great!