The Smokers ruined the cruise

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 26, 2015

The cigarette smoke from the casino was horrible. You could smell it in the elevator/stairs areas all the way up to the 9th deck. I couldn't stay in the shops to shop long due to the strong nauseating cigarette smell.

The islands we visited were nice. Unfortunately, I got food poisoning from something I ate on the ship and didn't get to see Aruba. Overall, the food was just ok. We thought Guys burgers, the pizza and the Blue Iguana were good. Sometimes better than the dining room food.The staff sure works hard though. Our cabin was kept spotless.

The other thing we didn't like was how they kept pushing their spa services. Every time you turned around they were trying to get you to purchase some service or another. Felt like they were timeshare hawkers!

Like Guys burgers, the pizza sometimes better than the dining room food. It was just ok.

The best was comedian Taylor Mason. He was great!

My 11 year old nephew never wanted to leave the kids club group. He loved it!

Our cabin person, Ruli, was excellent. Our dining room servers, Yaco, Maylang, Haris were excellent. The crew work very hard and are nice and personable.

I think that the casino ventilation is really poor. The nauseating cigarette smoke wafted throughout. Even up the stairs to deck 9. I couldn't stand going to the fun shops as I would literally feel sick to my stomach after being there as the smoke was really strong. Unless a ship isolates or has an air filtration system in the casino, I'm not cruising again.
Other than that, the ship looked/seemed clean. The crew sure work hard to keep it that way.

The cabin steward, Ruli, did an excellent job of keeping clean. He's a hard worker. The cabin itself is fine.
Don't know. Got food poisoning from ship food and couldn't go onto Aruba :(