Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Perfect vacation!

Sail Date: August 31, 2014

My 18yr.old daughter & I loved everything about our 1st cruise! The ship was immaculate, service in the dining room was gracious, & every single staff member was polite. I have no idea why some of the previous reviews were negative but as someone in sales, I can only say you get the most out of life if YOU are easy to deal with & not demanding. It goes both ways people! But back to the cruise- the Cruise director Mike, his assistant Roly & Darnell made everyone feel at home & they were funny! Those Guy's burgers are addicting! Having room service bring me coffee every morning was a nice touch & my room steward was constantly checking to make sure everything was alright. We went to the comedy club & thought Ronnie Bullard was the funniest. Getting off the ship was a wait but what can you do? It's not a walk in the park to get 3,100 people off at the same time.  I guess my only negative complaint would be that we were chilled from the A/C on the main decks & dining rooms but being a Floridian, I'm cold if it's under 74* so that's not really a fair complaint. lol. As far the the ship's decor goes, I love Impressionist art & found the dark wood, brass & paintings comforting.

clean & loved all the Impressionist art
Had late seating in Monet. Food was good & as a server myself, I KNOW how to treat staff well so that they in turn give me the best service that they can. No complaints! Even got extra meals, double desserts & private tabe for 2!
Cruise Director Mike, assistant Roly, Punchliner club mgr. Darnell, room steward Pan, Waiter Rony
Ronnie Bullard was the funniest comedian. The Divas was a great show!
Children's Programs N/A
Dive in movies, dancing on the Lido deck & gambling in the casino
Chose the itinerary specifically for a stop in St. John & Puerto Rico
It was actually bigger than I thougt it would be! Glad I got a window to look out of! I chose midship Riveria deck which was perfect. Only 1 floor away from the gangway & a couple flights of stairs to the dining room.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
We brought our own floats & enjoyed the clear waters. Personally I wouldn't bother with renting Cabanas. Having the free BBQ was a nice touch.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas Went over to St. John to visit relatives.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Rainforest drive excursion was beautiful & we had enough time afterwards to see the forts & walk around Old San Juan
Grand Turk Island Took the Reef & Rays excursion. Enjoyed it very much. Went to Bohio Resort for the rest of the day. Cab driver gave us the run down @ the island & a mini tour ( cheaper than any of those historical tours offered)