Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

A fun vacation

Sail Date: June 22, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

My overall experience on this cruise was good. It was fun and enjoyable and I would recommend it. On the first night we set sail, they had a show in the theatre, karaoke. comedy shows and other planned activities. The next night there was only a couple of activities from which to select...... this was ridiculous. This was repeated at least three times during the cruise. On the two/three days they had the shows, they only lasted for 1/2 hour each, and the remaining days there was nothing being shown in the theatre. Why does Carnival not have a show (musical, variety, play, etc.) each night and fun activities during the day, especially on Sea Days, some people never get off the ship?  The performers are already there........provide something for everyone, we are captive guests! Not every guest gambles, plays bingo, or lounges by the pool.

Half Moon Cay is suitable for beach goers only. Do not waste your money on the tours offered, there is nothing to see except for the beach, white sand, and some plants.  Returning to the ship, we ate lunch and then attempted to find some form of entertainment..... no such luck. St. Thomas was good for the tours offered. We went on the local tours which took us to the highest point on the island where we got a bird's eye view of the islands......the ride to the top was scary, for me, on the winding roads but the drivers were very good and informative. San Juan was just as informative, I wish the tours there were longer, giving us the opportunity to explore the forts and stay longer that the few minutes we were in each location. Traffic conjestion did not help any. Turks and Caicos was so tiny if you blinked, you missed the island tour. WinkThere was really nothing to see.  If I had known how small it was, I would have walked it without paying the tour company. However, the driver was pleasant and infomative and the air conditoning  in the van, helped to aleviate the heat. Overall, I had a good time.

Cruise Photos

Our first cabin was at the back of the ship. The next morning we noticed that we had ants and informed the steward. In the afternoon after returning from Half Moon Cay we got a call from Guest Services and the supervisor had us moved to another cabin closer to the middle of the ship. We appreciated the great customer care. All the crew members were very, very nice and accommodating.
Entertainment was only 2/3 nights. We need to have entertainment every night, after all, the performers are already on the ship.
Children's Programs n/a
No nearly enough choices.
I purchased all my excursion off the ship. Half Moon Cay should be skipped as it is only for beach lovers.....there is nothing to do there but go to the beach.
The guaranteed stateroom was at the back at the ship, it must have been next to the engine room or utility room as we heard every noise. I will not make that mistake again as I will book earlier and select my own stateroom.
Miami, Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
There was nothing to do there except go to the beach. Do not purchase any of the tours.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. Thomas was wonderful.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan was also wonderful. Time spent there should be longer.
Grand Turk Island
Nice. Very, very tiny island.

We had breakfast and lunch on the Lido Deck and enjoyed the selection daily. Having dinner in the dining room was also great, the staff was wonderful and accommodating.