Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Wonderful Crew

Sail Date: March 23, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first time on the Conquest.  Every one of the crew was awesome!.  One waiter for brunch, who was not our usual one, took a liking to my grandson but when he didn't want to eat, Pedro told him his mom could "call 1-800-pedro" and he would come and make sure he was eating and minding.  We saw Pedro several times and he would ask how my grandson was behaving.

Our waiter in the dining room made sure we had our Diet Cokes and my grandson had his chocolate milk as soon as we sat down for dinner.  I was not impressed with the food and when we didn't like something, the waiter always offered to get us something else.

We had a problem with our room not cooling enough and maintenance was sent to our room within 30 min.  The next day they called to see if all was ok and we told them the room was still not cool enough so they brought us a fan to use for the rest of the cruise, which was perfect.

The only thing I didn't like was they only had 2 shows we liked.  They had a comedy show for two nights (:(), a talent show, which was short and over quick but was ok, then there were two shows with entertainers and they did  good.

Also didn't see the cruise director walking around the ship enteracting with quests - he wasn't friendly, that's for sure.

There was also an incident where it was raining but you couldn't really hear or see it from inside, so we walked out on the deck, realized it was raining and walked about 20 feet to the next door, where I fell walking inside.  I'm 61 and I fell hard on my knee before fallilng on my side.  We were right next to the Guest Service desk and a bar and I made eye contact with a woman at the desk and a bartender but no one came to check on me.  A man came over and pulled me up and sat me down in a chair.  My daughter went to Guest Services and they sent someone with a wheel chair and ice pack to take me to my room.  They didn't bother to check and see how I was doing the next day or after that.  I'm still dealing with the after affects. We also suggested that they put up a caution sign so other's would know it was slippery, but that wasn't done in the 25 mins. it took for the wheelchair to arrive.

The ship was very clean and our cabinet stewart made sure we had what we needed.  My grandson attended Camp Carnival a couple days and liked the crew and activities.

Overall it was a great time but we did have short stays in our ports (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belilze and Roatan) and we ran out of time to do all that we had planned.

Cruise Photos

Very clean and no smoke smell!
Few vegetarian options & had the same thing all the time.
The room was never cool but we were given a fan.
Every where we went on the ship we were met with smiling faces!
Younger children really don't get comedy acts.
Miami, Florida
But not enough time in them.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Super friendly people!
Lots of things to do.
Belize City, Belize
Took a horse & carriage ride around the city.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Not enough time to do what we wanted but met some awesome people.

Try the brunch in the dining room - even my grandson loved it. They have a good selection of cereals, rolls, eggs dishes, side dishes and even some meat (pork chops and steak).