Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Sail Date: March 14, 2015

I was on my 5th Carnival cruise this month and I told myself I would give them one last chance to prove that they had improved from my previous experience.  I got off the ship feeling very disappointed and have decided that unless I cannot afford a different cruise line, I will no longer cruise on Carnival again.

After having been on the Oasis and the Allure of the Seas (Royal), my expectations were very high.  I chose the Breeze because I thought they could possibly be comparable.  Boy was I wrong.  Considering the amount of people on the Allure/Oasis, I never experienced long lines getting food or embarkation/debarkation.  On the Breeze, I felt that I was ALWAYS in line.  Getting food was a 45 minute task.  By the time I sat down, I was starving and the food was cold.  The simple things like getting pizza or a drink, was almost unthinkable.  If my family got in a different line and I was in another line, we never got to eat together.  Finding a table to eat was a very difficult task.  The Marketplace was unorganized, very limited food set out, very messy and limited options.  What happened????  The burger and taco fixings were GROSS and rarely cleaned up.  Food everywhere.  The formal dining changed their menu drastically, I am a pretty simple person when it comes to food and I had a hard time finding something to my liking on the menu.  My only option was the chicken and the steak and they were TERRIBLE.  I enjoy the sit down formal dinner so I toughed it up and ate there most nights even though I barely ate my meal.  The service was very slow and the dinner process took almost two hours.  We missed most of the shows.

The entertainment was very limited, not much for adults.  The only thing I truly enjoyed was the adult comedy.  Even though I rarely found seating because of how much time it took for me to finish dinner I was always late and couldn't find seating.

Deck chairs - I never found one available.  Always very occupied by someone's towel.  Something needs to be done about the chair hoggers.  Carnival needs to control this problem.

Cabin - Very clean, I do miss having the sofa but I felt that it was large enough for two people.  Cabin Steward was very friendly and always addressed us by our name.  She kept the room very tidy and comfortable for us.

The ports of call were wonderful and if it had not been for that, I would not have enjoyed this cruise at all.

I have decided that I am going to save my money so that I can go back to Royal.  They truly know what they are doing when it comes to cruising.

Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Megans Bay - Gorgeous and relaxing
Antigua, West Indies
4 Track excursion - alot of fun
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Old San Juan is the best!!!!