Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

Relaxing and Disappointing at the Same TIme

Sail Date: March 06, 2016

My wife and I chose this cruise for two reasons; we were both in need of a relaxing/restful vacation and we loved the "original" booked itinerary which included Key West, Princess Cays and Freeport; with Key West being the highlight of the trip.  Even though I grew up in Coral Gables, FL I had never gone to the Keys in the nearly 20 years of living there, so seeing Key West was a real treat.  Or so it would have been if we made it there!  Two days prior to the cruise we were sent an email that due to a generator issue the stop in Princess Cays was cancelled but replaced with Nassau (overall not a bad thing), but 45 minutes prior to us docking in Key West on a beautiful, sunny day, the Captain told us that the stop in Key West was cancelled due to strong winds.  It would have been nice if they came up with an alternate port like Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for that day.  But in the end they gave us a refund of the port charges, a shipboard credit of $50 per person and 25% off what we paid towards a future cruise which was fair.  But having such an altered itinerary was disappointing, but my wife and I did not let it ruin the cruise.  We had a great time on a beautiful, well-kept ship, with excellent food and overall very pleasant staff with the exception of the staff in the EFFY store (they were really rude).  The entertainment was great with a special performance by the 3 Entertainers of the Year candidates and a stellar performance by the guest soprano, Jennifer.  Overall it was a good cruise and I would definitely recommend Princess Cruises.

Miss the balcony!

Utilize the traditional seating, better experience overall. Avoid the EFFY store!