Great Princess Cruise

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 02, 2014
Ship: Caribbean Princess

Ship was great. We've been on 10+ cruises in the last 10 years including Europe. Royal Caribbean, Holland, Princess ect. Princess ,by far - hands down, has the best food and best service. I would cruise Princess any day of the week and twice on Sunday. But, entertainment was poor - basically two 'crew has talent ' shows. Two crew girls singing sounded like cats fighting. Things have be bad when u don't hire professional acts and let the crew entertain ur passengers. Who ever thought of this idea , at Princess, should be fired. To be fair 'a couple' of the acts were good. Be careful buying expensive items out of the country thinking ur getting a fantastic deal. I almost bought a Raymond Weil watch at a store at Port for the marked down price of $1600 from $2300. I passed this up and then had second thoughts on the ship when I saw the same watch in the ship store for $1800 before we came back to Port. Good thing because I can buy the EXACT SAME WATCH for $1295 no tax free shipping at Blue Dial Watch in the U.S.  Zip line in St Thomas was fun - kids really liked it - staff VERY FRIENDLY AND FUNNY. Don't waste ur time on the RAINFOREST HORSEBACK RIDE IN Puerto Rico. We thought we were going into the rainforest - All we did was go on a big circular track on the ranch - staff was great but basically a rip off. Royal Caribbean has better ships- or I should say bigger ships. Princess has great food and great service. We go on both for these reasons. Don't even consider Carnival Cruises.  If its' really, really cheap -there is a reason.  Going on another Princess Cruise in November. I'm sure we won't be disappointed. Will skip the entertainment this time.

Go to the formal dining room for breakfast and lunch - skip the buffet. Food and service was great. Didn't discover this until the last day.

Because of hurricane we skipped the island