Princess 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 02, 2014
Ship: Caribbean Princess

This was my second cruise, my first was with Royal Caribbean.  Overall the Princess cruise was OK, the dining experience was excellent.  Both the food and wait staff exceeded my expectations. I made the mistake of taking an interior state room which I found lacking in both space and overall cleanliness.  My stateroom stewart was very polite and professional and was attentive to our needs.  The entertainment was severely lacking.  It seemed most of the entertainment was performed by the crew and although they did their best, it was no where near the quality of shows I saw on Royal Caribbean.  The piano bar had a piano player that was absolutely horrible.  I was amazed that Princess hired him.  The ports we visited seemed rushed and on one excursion in Puerto Rico the bus left my wife and I half way through the tour (even though we arrived back at the bus stop 8 min before the scheduled departure time) and we had to walk back to the ship.  Although, I booked the excursion through the ship, princess basically told me that it was not their problem they are only an intermediary and I would have to contact the tour company in California.  The other two excursions we went on (in the Virgin Islands and Grand Turk) went very well.

Overall it was an OK cruise on Princess, but I think I will stick with Royal Caribean in the future; their overall service was amazing and the ship was wonderful.

Food was exceptional and the high point of the cruise.

Not very good at all.

My waiter (Irwin) was amazing. Very attentive, polite and professional

Ship was an older ship but OK, nothing really stood out.

Room was small and not very clean.

Go to the sit down dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It =made the trip. The buffet was so-so.

we skipped this due to weather
Really enjoyed the excursion and tour guide. Beautiful beach.
We were abandoned by the tour guide half way through the tour.
Did the yellow submarine excursion. Very good.