Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Not the best cruise

Sail Date: March 22, 2009

This was my husband and I fifth cruise, but our first on Princess Cruise Lines. We have cruised Royal Caribbean and Carnival in the past. We chose Princess because the ports were different than the other cruises we have been on. The initial boarding of the ship was easy. Once on the ship we purchased the drink for the week deal where you pay an upfront price to get your refill of soda all week, what a waste of money that was! First the soda was watered down and every time we went to have it filled no matter which bar we went to on the ship, we got the same irritated attitude like we were asking them to do something that was a waste of their time. Second, the food on the ship was horrible and flavorless. This is the only cruise I have been on where I didn't gain weight, which was a surprise since I wasn't able to exercise because their fitness center was so hot it was impossible to get a decent workout.

Pros: The outdoor movie theatre was enjoyable

Cons: Service and food was not up to what I have experienced on other cruise lines

Recommends Caribbean Princess? No.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Always a nice island
Don't Miss: Taking the ferry to St John for the day
Bonaire, Netherlands Special Municipality
Nice island but not much to do but some shopping
St. George's, Grenada
Rude, rude, rude people
Dominica
Nice island very friendly people
Don't Miss: river kayaking to the ocean
Oranjestad, Aruba
Beautiful. Would recommend the aruba tomcat off road adventure, not booked through the cruise ship.