Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

First and Last time on a Princess Cruise

Sail Date: February 22, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our 12th cruise but FIRST on Princess line. Never again will we sail on this line. I spent 3 days sick with food poisoning- my husband got food posioning as well. we were very disappointed to find that this cruise line is clearly for elders. We are in late 40's/early 50's and cruised during school vacation. There were literally 13 kids on board!!! we have 11 yr old twins who saved their money to use in the arcade on the ship. Well, on this ship you have to be 13 or older to use it!!! Next, kids go to get an ice cream sundae and of course they charge for it at $3.75 a pop!! There wasn't a juice machine like ohther cruise lines have (cranberry, orange, apple). I bought a soda "card" for the week and they would not allow me to have a diet coke CAN--only fountain drinks.
The diet coke was so flat you couldn't even drink it! My son cut his hand by the pool on a piece of metal on the wrap around bench and had to go the ships doctor...he needed stitches and they have the gall to charge us $250.00 when it was clearly negligence on their part. Food was absoultely was by far, the worst cruise we have ever been on!!!

Pros: st. thomas

Cons: food, beds, service, and extra charges for everything!!!!

Recommends Caribbean Princess? No.

I have had better food at my twins school. cafeteria...WE BOTH GOT FOOD POISIOING...SPENT A GREAT DEAL OF TIME IN THE BATHROOM...NICE!..
smallest cabin and bathroom ever!! the only good thing i can say is there was ample closet space. Don't even try to turn around in the shower- you'll hurt yourself!! The beds were the worst ever!!! imagine sleeping on a broken concrete block... THE ROOM STEWARD NEVER CHANGED OUR SHEETS ....
Clearly the majority of the staff hate their jobs...i have never encountered such a miserable sorry bunch of employees. They made you feel like you were a complete bother...absoultely the rudest bunch we have ever encountered...they NEVER smiled....
I have seen better acts performed at my grandmothers nursing word, PATHEIC!
the only thing i will say is the pools were of good size- however, good luck in trying to secure a pool chaise lounge....they pack you in like sardines!!!overall the decor was very bland- blah!!
Since there weren't too many kids on board, they did not stick to the published schedule.
In port days, they were supposed to be open all day but instead they were closed...
very very small room not sail on this ship if you have children. can't hold a candle to carnival, disney, norwegian, and even celebrity!!!!!!
Oranjestad, Aruba
we rented a jeep and explored the island ourselves...take my advice, make a reservation for a jeep PRIOR to departing on your cruise... prettty beaches and nice port for shopping
Bonaire, Netherlands Special Municipality
blink and you miss the town....BORING!!!!! only good if you want to snorkel... not impressed at all ...
Don't Miss: Nothing
St. George's, Grenada
couldn't get off the ship as i had food poisioning!!! i heard from fellow passengers that it was a horrible experience and wish they had stayed on the ship
by far, this was the worst! 3RD world country...poverty poverty was deplorable....the "town" was a joke. constantly bothered by all the locals while we walked thru "town" haha...i think there were 3 shops....there is not doubt in our minds that Dominica must pay Princess to stop there!!!
Don't Miss: Nothing-do yourselves a favor and stay on the ship!!!!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
great beaches, polite locals, great town for shopping and dining