Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Beautiful Ship

Sail Date: April 18, 2016

Anthem of the Seas is a beautiful ship with plenty of things to do. However the 2 things that my sister and I did not like was the changing of the restaurants every day. Each night we had to go to a different restaurant to eat, and we were not crazy about the one called "Silk." Very dark inside. The menus were the same in each as well. Also, on these larger ships, it seems that we get less amenities. We love the steam rooms, and on these larger ships, you have to pay for the steam room, and a very hefty price. So we booked a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas.

The room was very nice, although I was certainly not happy about the over hang over the balcony. I love to sit on the balcony and soak up some sun, this room had an over hang. My sister felt the same way, as she was in cabin #13164. The stateroom attendant was nice but he left his cleaning rags in my room twice. I had asked for an additional padding for the bed since the bed was so hard on my back, but he never brought it.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Fort-De-France, Martinique
Every thing is closed if you wind up in this port on a Sunday, we did not go further into the town because it did not look safe.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Basseterre, St. Kitts

Be ready to eat in a different restaurant every night if you have the classic 8:30 pm slot, also the room was quite interesting in turning on the lights in the room, you use your key card. Another thing they do not hand you the door card upon boarding, left by your door. Not secure if you ask me.