Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Anthem of the Seas, 12 Night, 1/3-1/15

Sail Date: January 03, 2016

Ship: The interior of the ship was pleasant; especially enjoyed the pools.. There were three kiddie poola that I recall. I really loved the indoor pool and the large, beautiful solarium. Also, there were many very comfortable spaces to sit to read, snack, mingle.; Our balcony room was large enough for us to be comfortable, with a lot of storage space. We used the balcony when we wanted to relax by ourselves.

Activities: There was something happening every night. A variety of music in the bar/lounges as well as the Music Hall and Royal Theater. There was  a variety of entertainment during the cruise, which were which were very enjoyable. Seasoned comedians who were really very funny, much to my surprise, professional Broadway performers e.g. Reva Rice, and a virtual classical concert were wonderful. The two in-house productions had very talented casts, but the productions themselves were not very good. There was a huge space for athletics, games, roller skating and bumper cars.

Staff: The staff was friendly and helpful.

Food: The quality of the food was very uneven. Loyal RCL cruisers were especially upset with the downgrading of the quality of the food served. I was very disappointed, since I thought the food on the Norwegian Breakaway was far superior, The RCL criusers on the ship bragged about how much better the food was on the RCL ships. Some dishes were excellent, many were good enough,, but there were dishes that were totally unacceptable, The meat at the carving table was overcooked and tough. The turkey was okay.

Itinerary: We left the ship for three of the six ports. The line has it's own piece of Haiti  in the port of Labbadee, There is so much poverty and destruction in most of Haiti, that I was disturbed that there was this secured playground which provided revenue for the RCL. I enjoyed the beaches in St. Maarten, and the Barbados, and great food in San Juan.

Inspite of the food issues,we rebooked the cruise. The other activites the boat offered outweighed issues with the food. I also love having the indoor pool and Solarium.

We were very comfortable in our cabin. It was large enough for us. The shower was great. We enjoy a balcony. Good storage.
Children's Programs We traveled without children.

If you have signed up for excursions, you sould definitely book in advance. We reserved seats for the headline show on the ship,, but all the other entertainment, which was very good, didn't need reservations.