Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Excellent Cruise even for the first time cruiser

Sail Date: September 06, 2015

This was my first major cruise as well as my first visit to Alaska.  I opted for a cabin with an ocean view and that would take me through the Tracy Arm fjord. The entire cruising experience was a rewarding one sand was well worth the expense.  The range of activities on board ship as well the range of dining facilities meant that there was always something to do along with excellent dining.  The staff on Holland America all proved to me friendly and helpful and the cabin as well as vessel itself was clean. My only disappointment was the high cost of internet services - which turned out to be a benefit because I spent less time on-line and more time enjoying other activities. The ground excursions added much value to the cruising experience and , coming from the Caribbean, the visit to the glaciers and through Tracy Arm fjord was quite an enthralling one for me. All in all I had no regrets and already I am thinking of my next cruise.

I opted for a cabin with an obstructed view but as it turned out I was quite pleased with the cabin. It was larger than I expected; my fear of feeling claustrophobic did not materialise. Hospitality services did a great job of keeping the cabin tidy and were always responsive to my request.
Seattle, Washington
Make time to get around Seattle to enjoy that beautiful city
Cruise Puget Sound
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Sitka, Alaska
Ketchikan, Alaska
Add whale watching on your list of things to do !
Victoria, British Columbia
Great finale to a great cruise. Do not stay on board ship, get into town; it's well worth it.

The size of the Amsterdam is perfectly suitable for those who want to enjoy a cruising experience without feeling lost on a vessel.