Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

HAL False Advertising

Sail Date: August 17, 2014

Very bad room. I ordered the advertised window room. Was offered unobstructed for $160.00 more. I agreed. When I saw my room, it was on the walking desk. People walking by. Look up to see the life boats. On the left side a pillar. You could see the ocean, if you looked across 10+ feet of deck. My wife closed the curtains for the trip. We might as well have been on the inside. Then to make things worse, at 5:30 in the morning they started talking, moving chairs and cleaning the deck.    Not the agents fault. HAL advertises this as "unobstructed.

Seattle, Washington
Cruise Puget Sound
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Red Dog Saloon is fun.
Sitka, Alaska
Russian church a must see.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Wow Creek Street
Victoria, British Columbia
If you've been to Canada, save your time. The ship does not dock near downtown.

For those who like a drink before dinner, happy hour is nice. Buy 1, get 1 for $1.00. Nice to have a Catholic priest on board.