Allure of the Seas 2018

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Allure of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 07, 2018

Ship: Allure of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I loved Allure of the Seas two year ago. I wanted to return with friends, we decided to go again. We loved the Islands we visited, we had a lot of fun. The ship, I was really disappointed the furniture has not been maintained, some of the chairs the seats in the cabins are dirty and also at the promenade deck and other decks. The furniture in Central Park some of the chairs at the Park cafe are broken and also the pool seats are broken and dirty. The food in the buffet and dining room is always the same. Two days before the last day of the cruise is lobster night, there is no entertaining, music or show on lobster night in the dining room. The dining room staff is very good, they go out of there way to service the guest. The carpet around the ship and inside the cabin is dirty with spots. They do not put in the restroom a welcome baskets like other cruise lines, or water, soda or ice bucket to purchase. You need to purchase the water in the promenade deck or any other deck to take it to the room. When you return from the island to the ship, only one time they had a tent with water or tea. I noticed in Costa Maya NCL Sun had a tent outside the ship with furniture sofa and comfortable chairs with a table with wet towels to clean your hands, also they provided water and tea. The shows were the same as two years ago, no new shows or new activities for couples. The only dancing place is Boleros...it's very nice and the music is very good. The pizza at Sorrento is very good and crispy, the cafe at central park has already prepared sand which, soup and salad bar. Getting aboard the ship was easy with an expedited arrival system. Disembarkation was just as smooth, we carried our own bags and got in line less than half an hour we were all out of the ship. The Allure was clean but need repair, furniture seat are dirty and some of the seat cloth was broken on the side. Mama Mia, Oceanaria was very nice, the acrobatics were incredible. Cruising in October, a lot of families with strollers and young kids and A lot of senior with wheelchairs and power scooters. The food in the main dining room was good but not always great, some times was the same soup, appetizers and dessert. The Windjammer was okay for breakfast before exiting the ship for a tour to the island. You need to arrive early at the Windjammer to get a table, the best assistance, is in the dinning room. The Solarium buffet is less crowded, and has a nice view of the pool deck. Central Park has delicious salads made to order. The ports of call for this sailing was Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan Honduras and Costa Maya. I loved Costa Maya, a mini-resort with restaurants, stores, a free pool as well as a tequila tasting experience. Our waiters in the dinning room were always very nice and professional. The buffet sadly they did not offer a made to order omelet station for breakfast. I can't say that I would return to go on this ship again or any other Royal Caribbean ship or another like it any time soon. I think I like the NCL with all inclusive or a smaller ship that make things more organized for a smaller crowd. The RC charges outrageous prices on drinks and dining at the extra restaurants we paid. They charge for absolutely for everything and it was very expensive. Again, the staff is magnificent, especially in the cabin and dining room. They came inside my cabin without informing us and put tape in the connecting door. they moved my luggage and there was no explanation why they did that without informing us. When we came inside the cabin late night after the show and Bolero, I noticed all this changes in my room. I called housekeeping and she told me it was mandatory to run a tape in the door when you had a connecting room. I was not happy or pleased with her excuse, if it was true they should have run the tape before the cruise sail. Or they should have knock on my door and explain to us what they were going to do in our room, and we should have been there in side the cabin when they were there running the tape out side the connecting door. They told us that it was regulations to run a tape thru the connecting doors, they should have done that at the beginning to the cruise, not in the middle of the cruise and especially if we were not inside the cabin. The AC inside the cabins was just okay, not very cold. Over all the cruise was okay.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Solarium Bistro

The salad has more than several toppings, and dessert was very good. Also, they have nice coffee and fresh orange juice.

Sorrento's Pizza

Delicious and crispy pizza. Love it!

Windjammer Marketplace

The food was always the same for breakfast, you need to arrive early to get a table. Very crowded. Need more options and more healthy food, less grease food. Not enough fresh fruits, need to add tropical fruits. They do not have a omelette bar made to order. The service is very good, they should have some one to help you find a table or seat the people when they come in, just like they do in the restaurants.

Solarium Bar

Very expensive drinks, not a lot of liquor on the margarita or frozen drinks. The drinks were watery.

Park Cafe

The salad and the dessert was good, had fresh orange juice.

Izumi Japanese Cuisine

The food was wonderful, I loved the chocolate ice cream and the show and service was great.

Boleros Lounge

Very nice place to get together with friends and wonderful music to dance to the Latin beat.

150 Central Park

Service was very good, food was okay. Very expensive food and wine.

Whirlpools

I did not use the whirlpool, but my husband loved it!

Swimming Pools

Not to crowded, enough pool chairs.

Solarium

I loved the pool in the Solarium, not crowded and very nice to relax.

Jogging Track

Very nice with view to the ocean. I loved it.

Guest Services and Explorations!

Good guest service

Aqua Theater

Beautiful show...I loved it!

Theater

The theater was very nice.

Studio B

I loved the ice show!

Central Park

Very nice...Not a lot of colorful flowers. Need colorful flowers.

From two years ago that I last cruise with Allure of the Seas to October 7th, 2018. This ship needs to have a new make cover and remodel. It's a beautiful ship, it is a shame that they are lacking from maintaining the cloth on the seat of the furniture. The cloth chair in my cabin the seat was dirty, and the carpet in the cabin and around the ship especially the hall are very dirty with stains. The cabin does not have an ice bucket or water or soda to purchase in case you get thirsty. The bathroom they do not put a welcome baskets like other ships do. It is a shame that this beautiful ship is lacking from maintaining the furniture and carpet. The food is the same everyday in the buffet and dining room. I only saw the cruise director three times. The customer service in the dining room, buffet and cabin was very good. The service & staff was wonderful.

Ship tip

Try to get or purchase a cabin close to the elevator, middle of the ship.

Ports of call