Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

First time Cruise

Sail Date: August 21, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

I had high expectations for this cruise, and I was not disappointed.  Embarking and disembarking were very busy, but organized and efficient.  I did not receive my bags until 9pm, but I had a carry-on with a change of clothes.

Food: Very good.  The windjammer buffet had a great selection for breakfast and lunch.  I didn't eat dinner there, but I'm sure dinner is good, too.  I enjoyed the Park Cafe, the solarium bistro, and cafe promenade.  The wipeout cafe and Sorrento pizza were so-so.  The hot dog place on the boardwalk was a pleasant surprise, but you need to ask them for water or iced tea.

The dining room was Excellent!  The food was great, the service was great, the atmosphere was great.  It was great!!!  We had breakfast there, also.  The food was good, but the windjammer may be more convenient.

Too crowded: This is my only complaint.  This was my first cruise, so I don't know if this is the norm.  The elevators were slow and crowded, the pool was crowded, guests would sometimes be inconsiderate with the deck chairs or not making space for extra seats at the shows.

The shows were very well done; many onboard activities.  The excursions were also well done.

I'm looking forward to my next cruise!

Wait until the last few days to purchase Royal Caribbean souvenirs. This is when the sales take place.