Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beautiful Ship

Sail Date: August 21, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

My overall experience was wonderful.  The ship was beautiful, with plenty to do for all ages.  The staff was attentive and friendly.  The food was good in the MDR, as I didn't eat in any of the specialty restaurant.  Windjammer was okay for the quality of the food, but the couple of times we went, there were no seats available.  The only major compliant was the treatment for the suite guests.  We have been in The Haven on NCL and after being escorted onto the ship, we were taken to the Haven lounge and restaurant area and given a briefing of the suite benefits and where everything was located.  Not so with RC.  We were sent up the gangway and just left at the door to figure out where to go.  No introduction to the Coastal Kitchen or the Suite benefits.  Another minor issue, even though no irons are allowed on board (understand that) but no irons are provided for short term use.  You have to pay to have your things pressed.  On Carnival, they provide a area with the laundry facilities to iron your own clothes and on NCL, they provide an iron in your cabin for an hour to press your own clothes.  Not a big deal, but just noticed some of these perks. On the positive side, the shows were the best that I've ever seen on a cruise ship.  Hats off to RC for that.  I understand the shows are changed every 5 years, so that's a deterrent for me to book again on the same ship since I really enjoy the shows but would like to see something different.  Had a great time and really enjoyed the ship.

Very nice suite with the high ceilings and floor to ceiling windows to the balcony. It wasn't noisy for the most part but on the last couple of days, they were apparently working on one of the other suites and could hear the construction noises. Having two bathrooms was very nice. The only compliant, I wish it had a bathtub but it wasn't a deal breaker for us. It just would have been nice to have. The shower in the master bedroom was huge with three shower heads.
Excellent shows. Highly recommend to see them.