Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Allure a family favorite for us!

Sail Date: August 07, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My family truly enjoyed our adventure with Allure.  This was the largest ship we've been on and while that elevates the entertainment and choices on the ship, it also meant more lines for various events.  (Which is the only reason, I didn't give 5 stars.)  Beyond that, the food was delicious, the shows were fantastic (the diving show our favorite) and the ship itself was lovely to learn (The Boardwalk & Central Park are two great spots).  We liked the multiple days at sea with only 3 ports.  My husband hates to be timed by ports and with these choices, all stops you can leisurely walk off the ship.  We will surely cruise again with Royal!

We liked the decor of the room. It was clean and remained so with Nina our stateroom attendant through out our vacation. While it was tight quarters for a family of 4 however we knew that going into it. We had an ocean balcony, which is a peaceful & great place to see the sights.
While we had to wait to get onto the ship (we were seated in a waiting area); we were earlier than the permitted time to board. Our Express exit, where you walk off with your luggage, was amazingly fast given all the people on the ship.
St. Maarten was our favorite.

Labadee was our least favorite; I don't know if we would select that port again.
Children's Programs We did not use the Kids Camp, so I have no comment here. Though the Dreamworks aspect of the ship was great (aka green smiley face).
Quality entertainment on board. Our favorite was the diving show.
Food was fantastic. Presentation, variety & taste was very impressive. The dining room for dinner was a stand out for me.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Easy port to just get off ship & walk/shop, however this was our favorite excursion.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Easy stop to just walk off the ship. Felt very safe & the Fort was extremely interesting to see and learn about.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Alot of people in one spot, which can feel overwhelming.

Due to the # of people, there were various lines for events & dining. I would encourage everyone to make reservations to shows/dinner (we did my time dining), which was always the shorter line and who got seated first. Additionally, use the What to do Now boards to see the avail of restaurants.