Buyer Beware Jr Suite 14232

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Allure of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail Date: November 23, 2014

Ship: Allure of the Seas

Cabin Type: Suite

Review Summary

Second time on this ship so we decided to upgrade to a Jr. Suite a week before the cruise.  We were assigned Room 14232.  As soon as we sailed we noticed a knocking sound that seemed to come from behind the wall as the ship rocked and rolled.  I checked everything within the room and balcony to make sure it wasn't coming from something loose.  The first night it kept us up all night.  I complained to the Stateroom Attendant and the front desk.  They sent a supervisor up to the room while we were in port and he didn't hear anything.  That night I recorded it on my phone and brought it down to the front desk.  They offered me another room then found the ship was full.  After the third night of no sleep I went down to the front desk to talk to a manger.  He looked in the computer and said he showed we were offered another room and we refused to move.  The discussion went downhill from there.  When I went back to the cabin I overheard the stateroom attendant and his supervisor having a heated discussion about how his tip is always affected by that room and why does RC keep selling it.  Apparently the noise is behind the wall and can only be fixed at the next dry dock.  RC continues to sell this room knowing there is a problem.  Another case where the dollar out weights customers vacation.  I really had to fight while on the ship to get any type of compensation so I wrote directly to RC after the cruise and was promised a better compensation package would be applied to my next cruise.  It's mid December and I still don't have anything, however, we've experienced small problems in the past with RC and they always live up to their word.  We'll just chalk this up as a bad experience that doesn't happen very often with RC.  We did arrive late to St Thomas and RC gave everyone on board $150 dollar onboard credit.  Other than that, the cruise was great.

Ship Experiences

Blue Planet was awesome

Knocking within the wall while at sea

Park Cafe has the best Roast Beef sandwich

Ports Of Call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Go to the Airport and watch the aircraft come right over the beach.