Good, although the long time spent at sea on the return trip was too long.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Adventure of the Seas

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 18, 2020

Ship: Adventure of the Seas

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 1824

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Good cruise. But the overall experience of the ship were disappointing compared to the first time I sailed on the Adventure of the Seas. I was excited to be going on it again as the first time was awesome! This time it was disappointing and I believe not up to Royal Caribbean's standards.

Embarkation

Good

Ship experiences

Food not up to the same standard as when I sailed on this ship several years ago. The Windjammer food and service was very low!! I and my party experienced gravy that was not only cold, but tasted as if it were spoiled! Some of the waiters/waitresses seemed irritated by any & all requests!

Windjammer Marketplace

There was an awful odor as you come into the Windjammer numerous times. Some of the wait staff was irritable and rude several times when approached or something was requested. Some of the food was very over cooked; and appeared to have been sitting out past the time they should have been removed. We had gravy that tasted sour and spoiled!!

Main Dining Room

I would rate our waiter and assistant a solid 10 - Table 576. They were very attentive and accommodating! Food was good, especially the cheesecake.

N/A

Casino Royale

Needs much better circulation due to being a smoking area

Art and Photo Gallery

Seemed a bit pricy considering what it takes to take and produce a picture!

Attended the Tribute ETA concerts. The location of most of the concerts was in Studio B which was COLD!!!

Studio B

It was cold which is understandable considering it was an ice rink. But also somewhat risky to the performers as the floor was always wet.

There is definitely room for improvement in the room steward's service! The first time I sailed on the Adventure of the Seas the service of all area was impeccable. This time it was lacking in most all areas. We had to ask several times for bath mats and Kleenex tissues. As well, the carpet was dirty and the shower had mold in places around the bottom. The waiter and his assistant at our assigned table in the dining room were very good and accommodating. I am my party would rate them a solid 10! I and my party would rate the room steward as a Poor.

Layout and design was fine although the upkeep and maintenance on the ship is very much lacking as compared to the first time I sailed on it.

Cabin though small was comfortable, but not clean.

Ship tip

Definitely needs improvement in the upkeep and maintenance!!

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

San Juan, Puerto Rico