Amazing Caribbean Cruise

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Adventure of the Seas

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)

Sail Date: November 18, 2017

Ship: Adventure of the Seas

Review Summary

Overall this was another amazing cruise with Royal Caribbean and onboard the Adventure of the Seas. We had great weather the entire week and overall the ports of call were amazing. The staff was friendly and outgoing and super helpful. The crew I went with had a great time and we made the most of our vacation. Our room steward was great, our wait staff in the main dining was outstanding, and the rest of the bartenders and servers were awesome. The food was pretty good and we met some great people on the ship. I liked how they moved the main night club to the Viking Crown Lounge on the 14th deck. Had a great time participating in the Quest game. In the end the cruise was too short. Looking forward to my next one already.

Embarkation

Our boarding process went very smoothly. We got there early and did not have to wait long to get checked in and on board the ship.

Ship Experiences

Overall our main dining room experience was very positive. We had a great head and assistant waiter. They were friendly, outgoing, and always asking us if we needed anything and how everything was. I would like to see the overall dining time speed up some, but this was not due to our wait staff, who were excellent. The Windjammer met my expectations and I ate lunch there a few times with no issues. The food was good and I was able to get in and out rather quickly.

Schooner Bar

The wait staff at the Schooner Bar were awesome. They always acknowledged us when we arrived and knew our names and favorite beverages. The service was speedy and they poured a good drink. The trivia was held there as well, which was a lot of fun. This was my favorite bar on the ship.

Day Spa and Fitness Center

On the first day on the ship there was a perk for an additional 15 minute massage for the same cost. I took advantage of this and enjoyed my time in the spa. The masseuse was friendly and provided some great feedback at the end as to different things I could do to relieve tension and relax more. Overall a solid experience.

Overall the staff was amazing. Our waiters, room steward, and other ship personnel were friendly, outgoing, and helpful. This was my 3rd time on Adventure of the Seas and I enjoyed my experience again. I have found when you go on the ship with a great attitude and keep things in perspective you can really enjoy your vacation. The staff helped make this a great time and I'm very appreciative of their hard work and efforts!

Overall I thought the ship's layout and design we're good. I believe this ship is going back into dry dock for some additional upgrades. The addition of the water slides, flow-rider, and the night club being moved to the 14th deck are nice changes.

Our cabin was really nice. We had a balcony room and love the ability to open up the sliding glass door and enjoy the weather and views outside. The waves crashing against the ship and looking over the sea at night is really relaxing. We enjoyed a few beverages in the evening on our balcony and just hanging out and relaxing. It was nice being able see the ports as we arrived and when we left. I really enjoyed our room. Our stateroom attendant was excellent. She was outgoing and friendly and did a great job turning down the room. We we're fortunate to have her as our attendant.

This is now considered a smaller ship so there is not as many onboard presentations and shows, but the ship crew and staff are awesome and you get out of it what you put into it. Go in with a positive attitude and get involved in the different activities onboard as that will make it a lot more enjoyable.

Ports Of Call

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We did not do an excursion in San Juan. However, we did walk the beach and enjoyed a nice meal and some beverages at Ceviche House. We normally would have walked around Old San Juan but we were in Carolina. We did walk around the streets and felt safe. The people we met said they were glad that people were back visiting and were hopeful that the power would be restored across San Juan in the coming weeks.

Basseterre, St. Kitts

We took a catamaran from St. Kitts over to Nevis. It was an awesome experience. The weather was amazing and the tour group provided lunch and beverages over at Nevis. Overall a great time.

St. John's, Antigua

We did not do an excursion, but did take a taxi to Dickinson Bay Beach. The weather was great and we spent the day relaxing on the beach and in the ocean. Everyone we met on the island was friendly.

Fort-De-France, Martinique

We visited Martinique and walked around the city at the port, however we did not do an excursion. It was difficult to communicate with people as pretty much everyone speaks French. Seemed like a lot of people on the ship went out and came back sooner than normal. Not a bad experience but not great either. This port replaced St. Maarten, which is one of my favorite ports. Hopefully St. Maarten will be added back to the itinerary in the future.

Castries, St. Lucia

We took a taxi cab out to Marigot Bay Beach. The weather was great. It rained for about 15 minutes, but cleared up after. The beach we went to was more secluded and very relaxing. The water was calm and comfortable. The scenery was amazing. I am definitely looking forward to my next visit to St. Lucia.

Bridgetown, Barbados

Had a great time in Barbados. The weather was incredible. The beaches and water were amazing. We did the Jolly Roger excursion and had a great time going to the 2 spots to snorkel and swim. On the way back to the dock the crew turned up the music and it was a great atmosphere and a lot of fun. I can't wait to go back to Barbados!

Disembarkation

Our disembarkation process went smoothly. We actually were able to leave about 5 minutes early. We found our bags easily, got through the customs line without a long wait, and got a taxi to the airport. Overall a pretty smooth process.

Traveler Photos