Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Purser

Overall was a very good time.

Sail Date: July 30, 2016

This was our second time on this ship and itinerary (7 day Southern Caribbean from San Juan). Overall was a very good time. The dining room experience was great. The food was very good and the service was great. We always felt that we were being taken care of. Our cabin (inside-promenade view) was great. At first we were a little reluctant to book inside but we needed 2 connecting rooms and it worked out great for our party of four. The kids had their own room and bathroom all for less than an outside balcony room with us crammed in together. The ship is very nice and clean but a little bit dated. One complaint was the lack of any real structured programs for the 14-17 yr old kids. They basically were on their own on the ship. One other complaint was that the music at poolside the entire trip was Latino. I'm all for Latino music but the entire cruise? last complaint was the free cruise bingo giveaway was way too disorganized and they ran out of electronic boards for the overflow crowd.

Don't get me wrong, this was a fun time overall and I would recommend this itinerary and the Adventure of the Seas for sure.

Nice size and we had a connecting stateroom that really gave us loads of room for 4. At great deal for the price. The cabin was always kept nice and clean
Very smooth on and off. Was very impressed other than a missing piece of luggage when we first boarded. Searched and nobody could answer where it was. I found that it was being held at the front desk because of the ILLEGAL IRON my wife packed.......I had to wait until security came there and watched me open the suitcase and hand them the iron. I got a receipt and was told I will get it back after the cruise. Very odd experience since I was never notified where my bag was and I felt like I was a smuggler. Holy Crap!!!! :-)
Could use some more options for excursions at some ports
Really wish they had a more structured 14-17 program
Saw a show and can't remember the entertainers name but it was a great time. His Elvis and Frankie Valley songs were right on the money. Beyond that his voice during an Italian song was outstanding
All staff with the exception of a few casino employees were friendly and helpful
Food and Dining Great time in the main dining room
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Stayed pre-trip at the Embassy Suites (don't recommend) not very clean/needs updating/location isn't the greatest. Stayed post-trip at Marriott Stellaris Casino(recommended) was clean/staff was very friendly/location is great with beach/fun time at bar and casino. Also, buy your duty free booze in the San Juan airport on your way home. Better deals than the ship or other ports
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Basseterre, St. Kitts
The dolphin encounter was very fun for the kids. The Kayaking and snorkel trip requires 2 things: (1) you better to be ready to paddle a kayak FAR!!! It's a long 2 mile kayak trip I loved it but my family wasn't happy. (2) you better be ready to flipper your way to a snorkel spot FAR!!!! from the beach. I brought my own equipment but they had everything you needed including flippers. I felt like I was swimming for ever though. Still a great time and the crew was great. Their little beach buffet afterwards was interesting and a tasty treat of local fruit and cake.
St. John's, Antigua
Castries, St. Lucia
Finally anchored at a different port that was modern and clean. Last cruise was horrible in port.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Have fun on the beach getaway but keep your stuff close and don't be distracted by the roving beach vendors . Jet ski rentals at the restaurant desk instead of the beach vendors are your best bet. Be prepared to walk like a half mile down the beach to where they launch them though.

$49 Body fat analysis at the spa = 1 hour discussion of how the cleansing pills they sell will solve all your health problems........(SKIP IT)