Some Great Some Awful

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 25, 2015
Ship: Adventure of the Seas

This was my first cruise and I was very excited because I heard so many great reviews about Royal Caribbean ship & food selection.  Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with 2 things in particular, the rooms and the food.  I am not not at all a picky eater, but I could not stomach most of it.  Almost everything was disguisting. Dinner was better than the buffet, but still mediocore (my waitor and server were great though).  I actually lost weight on the trip because of this. I waited everyday to eat on the islands. The ship was absolutely beautiful, I just wish the rooms matched everything else.  It was extremely small, gloomy, and outdated.  I felt like I was stepping into a dirty motel.  Maybe this is intentional so ppl won't stay in them. IDK.  The islands were beautiful and I loved waking up to a new place everyday and if you decided to stay on the ship, there is always something scheduled to do (which I loved). The kids program seemed to be ok, I wish they would let the young children out of the playroom and into the kiddy pool area, but I guess there may not be enough staff to ensure the safety of every child that may attend.  Next time I cruise I will have to get a much bigger cabin with a window and I pray the food will be better.

I was very disappointed with the lack of flavor & the excessive amount of oil used with just about every fried buffet item. Most of the workers were amazing and the ship was gorgeous, minus the rooms. I would like the 4 yrs old to have field trips so they can leave the center and explore.