Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Slipping Badly

Sail Date: March 10, 2013

I've taken 13 RC cruises over the years, and I've seen things slipping for the past several trips. The food, service, and entertainment are still OK, but the level courtesy and caring just isn't there anymore .

I was especially miffed that RC's baggage handlers lost my luggage. (This happened before about two trips ago.) I reported the missing luggage to Guest Services around 5PM and got no updates at all. Finally, my stateroom attendant found it around 11PM. I informed Guest Services that I had everything, but that message seems to have been lost on them because I began receiving calls every day of the cruise asking if I found my luggage. I guess they expected me to go around the ship looking for it. This may seem like a minor gripe, but had the stateroom attendant not found the bags I would have been in bad shape for the rest of the cruise because Guest Services wasn't looking for it.

My Time Dining is a sham. When I asked for a table for 7PM, I was told that the only time available was 6:45 for the remainder of the cruise. The people I sat with had the same complaint concerning seating. If you want to eat on your schedule, you'll have to go to the Windjammer.

I've gone with RC in the past because I like the Adventure and Navigator ships, but I'm not sure I'll travel with that line again.
My Time Dining doesn't work.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Poor shopping and very unfriendly people.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St Maarten is always outstanding! Great shopping and very friendly people.
St. John's, Antigua
Good beaches
Castries, St. Lucia Nice tours and people were pretty friendly.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Good shopping and the people were very helpful.

Carry on your own bags, and don't waste your time and money on My Time Dining. Also, don't expect much in the way of personal services.