Your Ideal Cruise

What would be your ideal cruise?

I realize that many of us would love a world cruise on a luxury line, but what I am looking for is what cruise would you actually like to take that would be a realistic option (including length, cost, line, debarkation port and itinerary)?

For me, I think I would like to take a 10 day Caribbean on a line I haven't tried before - such as RCCL, HAL, or NCL, with the alcohol package included. I would prefer to leave Galveston, but the pickings are slim there, so it looks like I would have to leave from FLA (nothing against Florida, just more expensive for me to get to).

Although Princess is (currently) my favorite line, I would like to keep some variety in my vacations. Although I would love to do a B2B Northern Europe/TA cruise, at the moment the time and cost may be outside of what I would be comfortable doing.

11 Answers

I like what everyone has said. If you told me I could only do one cruise ever and knowing what I know now... I would chose the Panama Canal Transit. However, there is so much left to do... Princess has a cruise listed as " Search of the Northern lights" and that sounds fascinating. Princess also has a "British Isles" cruise, which with my interest in Renaissance Festivals would be "work related" and necessary for proper research.

Would want to cruise from FLA Through the Canal, over to the Polynesian island -up to Hawaii then over to Vancouver--- 25 to 30 days should do it.

My ideal cruise would go somewhere that I have not been previously. This January, I am going to Cuba, a place that I have never visited & I'll be trying out a different cruise line, too, which will be fun. Let you all know how it goes. I have heard different opinions about Cuba.

For us it will be the voyage of the Vikings on Holland.

My bucket list cruises include the Panama Canal, a repositioning cruise across the Atlantic in one of the Oasis or Quantum class ships and a cruise to Hawaii.

One of the Journey cruises going through the Panama Canal or a 14 day cruise through the southern Caribbean. Dreaming now!!!!

Well, Disney still isn't quite realistic for me yet, but as one of the mainstream lines I'm going to go with maybe a 8-10 night Disney cruise to the Caribbean, that stops at Castaway Cay twice. Double dip cruise, is what they call those. For me, Disney would be mostly about the ship and not destinations except their island because you can't go there on any other line.

I'd also love to go to Alaska on Norwegian Bliss or one of the nicer lines that skews an older audience, like Princess or HAL.

Ever since ex-wife mother and father started doing freighter cruises way back , the idea has taken root and wont go away. Visited them before sailing and upon return onboard..(rules are vastly different)..not going into it, but I'd just love to do ONE round the world on a late model freighter...wife "might" do it, but I think she's just humoring me.

That's our port of choice. plenty of NCL Carib trips from there, but the "season" is limited..bang some keys...its eminently do able.

Ideal and am currently looking at would be a transatlantic out of any eastern seaboard port but would most likely be Fla that would go into the Mediterranean and then either a B2B or onto another ship to do Venice and the greek isles. I am thinking something in the range of a 21 day - 28 day cruise for this one and a drink package included would be nice but not mandatory.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.