Thanksgiving Yacht Club Experience 2019

On board the beautiful MSC Seaside, presently typing my first report to you all from the YC pool deck cabana on our way to our penultimate stop Nassau ( replacement port of call for the unfinished Ocean Cay). The big draw for many cruisers on Seaside was to be one of the first to report to the world our impressions of MSC's Ocean Cay. Since there has been a delay until the Dec 5th sailing, all passengers have received $100 ship board credit per cabin, so if you packed yourselves and three kids into your cabin that amounts to $20 each. The better news is that each passenger is receiving an additional 20% off your current cruise price on a future cruise, no expiration date! Now your $10,000 cabin is worth $2000 off a future cruise. (I wonder if the 2021, yet to be announced will be 20% more ?). YC prices have been 'inching upward'.

The scuttlebutt on the ship is that Dec 5 is just a hope on the part of management. That the material needed was stockpiled in the Bahamas, the hurricane took its toll, something is amiss. The island is yet to receive the required material and once it is delivered in still has to be assembled. There may be more sailings offering $100 plus 20%.

Tags: MSC Cruises MSC Seaside

17 Answers

I agree

Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for!

Another point of interest about when the Seaside does dock at Ocean Cay: From the roll call I noticed it states will arrive at 9 am. I have been informed ( I hope to be back on board the Seaside in the YC 12/21/2019) ( again this is only on ship scuttlebutt) that passengers will not be let off on Ocean Cay for 2 hours to allow food and set up to take place.

The Yacht Club provides its guests with a few extra amenities. Firstly, it keeps you segregated from the general population. You can always leave the confines of the YC and use your cabin card to open all doors leading to the YC. The best reason to leave the YC is to get to the Venchi gelato stations located outside the YC. The gelato selection is limited in the exclusive YC dedicated restaurant to a different flavor every day for lunch and dinner. All free and included in the price of a YC cabin. Next, the mentioned exclusive YC restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner , even on port days. An exclusive pool and pool deck with cabanas $59/ day in port, $99/ day at sea. Pool deck grill, breakfast and lunch. (Free pizza delivery to cabin). A Top Sail Lounge with the exclusive best views at the front of the ship, breakfast fare, all day noshes, afternoon tea, all evening noshes and delightful piano, guitar and or violin during peak times. Wine and beverage packages are included as wifi will be after May 2020.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.