19 Answers

Well, getting our first shot in two hours. We are still in Florida but will be in Alaska in a week for two weeks, had scheduled for Pzisers on Feb 11th in Anchorage but will cancel this evening if all goes okay.

As far as the news with the cruise ships. No big surprise. I have thought all along that the 2021 season is shot already. Cruise passengers make up over 65% of all visitation to Alaska, so things are going to get tougher yet. Population in Alaska has shrunk and is shrinking------Wonder where everyone is going? Maybe, down here in Florida like us. Ha

Canada bans cruise ships for another year, likely halting most of Alaska’s 2021 tourism season - Anchorage Daily News (adn.com)

Yeah, been a while. We have a slow economy and winter. That combination is not helping the covid issue either. I can't wait until spring....

We were supposed to sail from Montreal on the Empress in Sept. The ship got sold. Turns out it would have been cancelled anyway. So then we booked Radiance Vancouver to LA for Sept. That isn't happening either. No cruises for us this year. Next year is going to be busy, though.

Gonna be a real slow comeback for the cruise industry or any travel for that matter. New Covid variants are not helping matters.

Agreed, things really are tough all over..as much as we enjoy cruising, its really not at the top of many folks priority list right now...

Haven’t heard from you in a while. Sorry things are not going well. Glad to hear from you.

Well, I saw the news. The cancellation until then, coupled with travel ban in place will kill any plans for me for a while. Not that I can do any trips, most of the businesses that I can work for are not open and won't be for a while. The industrial markets here in Northern Alberta have crashed for a while.

Yep .. just saw that on FB courtesy of cruiseline.com. So there goes my Sept 2021 cruise and any Alaskan cruse for that matter as they always do Canadian stops for their "foreign" port. Just as well as we will probably not have everyone vaccinated much before sometime in 2022. So far Canada is vaccinating just over 6000 a day with limited supplies of vaccine expected over the next while.

https://cruiseline.com/advice/what-s-hot/news/canada-extends-ban-on-cruise-ships-through-february-2022

How sad! Even if things change for the better as quickly as they went bad, I don't see them changing their minds. I can't imagine how some places in Alaska will survive.Sad

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.