Sea Sickness

How easy is it to prevent sea sickness on board a big cruise ship. Does the ship have stabilizers?

24 Answers

Green apples are helpful too. You may need to ask someone working in the Lido buffet area for them if they aren't out on the counters.

If you don't usually suffer from motion sickness, you will probably be ok. BUT, in case you do experience it while on board drink ginger ale, eat green apples, and try the ginger candy they have as you exit the dining room. I don't suffer from motion sickness at all but on my first cruise i found i did. i drank lots of ginger ale and ate green apples. Two days and it was over! Enjoy!

I wish I got Seabands...I'm not prone to motion sickness...but we went on a snorkeling excursion and was on a boat and I got extremely sea sick. Next time, I will buy Seabands.

I recently cruised to Alaska and was sea sick along with most of the guests on the ship on our first sea day. The waters were rougher than usual they said. Even the crew was queasy. I have never been sea sick before then. Our Maitre' D suggested eating bread and green apples and to stop drinking water. It worked. We took dramamine, wore the bracelets, tried to nap it off, nothing worked until the bread, apples and no water trick.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.