LOBSTER

Why has NCL removed lobster from their menus ???

Tags: Norwegian Cruise Line

18 Answers

Had lobster on 3 diff lines over the years...meh....it was never about the bux, but you're right about the quality. I tend to get picky, mebbe even overly so about certain things...Lobster is one of em.

Cruise prices have never been lower and the lobster was never that good anyway.

Properly cooked lobster is real hard to do in mega quantity .

There are plenty of decadent choices to choose from that do not cost extra.

And if you gotta have it pony up the $$$$$$

$$$

Yeah, it was never really all that good. That same frozen lobster in the grocery store is often passed up without a second thought.

Corporations, ALL corporations are in business for a profit. Whether it's cruise lines, clothing stores, auto parts, airlines, profit is the key.

That won't stop me from cruising, but cruising is getting a bit more expensive, I have to be very selective with my vacation dollar.

Who knew this would turn into a culinary experience? KENN, I just cant bring myself to sympathize with you. hehehehe

Two weeks ago we got off a 29 cruise on the Pacific Princess. We had lobster at least twice in the MDR and once in the specialty. I love lobster. But what was almost obscene, was two weeks before we got on that ship we got off the Regent RSS Mariner after a 22 day voyage. On a shore excursion the first day out on the Mariner, one of the lecturers sat next to us at lunch. He mentioned they had escargots on the menu every night. I couldn't believe it, but they did, not only that, they had Maine Lobster every night as well. I love both. After about my fifth escargot and lobster dinner I had to discipline myself and order something else. Or I might have got the hives.

Lobster? Meh

Carnival cut lobster out on 5 day cruises, but still serve it on 7 day or more cruises. We don't cruise for lobster as Carnival serves them on cruise elegant days, in our books it is not worth it getting dressed up to eat a craw dad.(we dislike cruise elegant nights with a passion) If we want lobster, we go to red lobster, and eat it land casual

Good observation.....went back and looked (to the extent that I could)...and yer right...

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.