Cruising

Just wondering what everybody thinks. When do you think we can start cruising?

15 Answers

I've heard so many things about what the requirements will be. It may be too soon to tell. One of the things I heard recently is they were considering requiring passengers to get a rapid COVID test at the terminal. I work the front lines, and I just had my 23rd test today. If that were to happen, I'd turn to the representative and say "I'll do it myself, here hold my bag....done, there you go!"Big Smile

Absolutely. And I think you'll have to show some form of proof.

I thing it all depends on this vaccine.., and I have a feeling cruise lines are going to require it to board..

Cruising is out for us for the foreseeable future or any travel for that matter. Still too risky.

Good to see that you have a nice positive outlook on this John. Hang in there man. Till we cruise again.

Since we had to cancel ALL travel through to the end of 2021, we had hoped to sail again in Feb 2022. Well, that ain't gonna happen, sadly. As a huge precaution, the nurse in our family has been adamant about vaccines and the benefits of them. So it looks like we are moving everything to at least winter of 2022. On the plus side, more time to save money and the trip will be a full family affair, 10 to 12 people rewarding ourselves for two plus years a housebound staycations.....

To me, getting a shot (or two) is better than some test....on several levels...of course, that implies some kind of "shot card"...I guess I'm dating myself, but what is old is new again....

I believe I read the vaccines will be required. By people boarding and the employees.

I Think they will be 1/3 to 1/2 full. Mostly I want to know if vaccines will be required.

I just received an email yesterday informing me that holland America has canceled my 35 day northern European cruise for next year July 2021.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.