Covid in 2021

Okay, so here is my query. Right now cruise lines are requiring a COVID test no less than 72 hrs from sailing. Assuming this goes into next year, what happens if you are on a ship for 2 weeks, then taking a second ship home ?

We are booked on Celebrity next August for a TA out of NJ. It ends up, after 14 days in Southampton England. Later that day we are scheduled to board the QM2 to sail back to NY. Any ideas how this might be handled? Thanks

25 Answers

For our Riverboat cruise a PCR test was required within 72 hours before entering WA by the governor. Then we were to be atigen tested at the hotel before boarding the ship. We managed the PCR test and the test at the hotel was self administered. You took a photo of the results and showed it when checking in. Yes, easy to cheat, but fortunately we didn'y have to.

Rereading this thread from the beginning is a pretty good history of the past year...mucho disgusto...of course some folks don't see the posting dates...be advised that 72 hr negative covid test is now 48.....

Sorry you had to do that. Unfortunately that seems to be a part of the new norm

Cruise cancelled.
and Replaced.

contact the cruise line,

for us : 1 (844) 418-6824

Or you can google it!

Happy

For those on extended cruises on Celebrity, they would have a test 2-days prior to debarkation to support travel back to origin. Question is will it still be good enough for a different line.

I'm a healthcare worker working with the elderly, so I will be in the first group.

I have an 11 day March '21 Celebrity cruise that I know will be canned (and confirmed by my TA). My TA told me the "sample" cruises will start in April. Hoping my June Med cruises go.

Rereading this thread (its short enough) especially in light of the election, cruise cancellations and vaccine developments is kind of interesting...CQ, I hope you'll be in the "first" group to get it...actual distribution of this vaccine is going to be ...interesting....Americans being what they are.....lets just hope it works...

I just heard on the news today that there's a possibility of 5 vaccines, and provided that they get FDA approval, they could start administering the vaccine as early as mid-December.

If that is the case, you may see a lot of the restrictions on cruising start to lift, but only time will tell.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.