Comments on Reviews

I don't recall all these comments on reviews posting on the forum - meaning I thought they appear below the review. Anyway, seems like a daily bombing against Carnival!

What's up with that?

59 Answers

Please explain?

But the comments can be so ridiculuous ...

In the past I have always enjoyed my Carnival cruises. Now I have been to all the ports of call that they visit from my home port so now I go to Fort Lauderdale or further afield for cruises on other cruise lines.

I personally don't like it being entangled in the forum. I usually scroll past most of them because I see no point in listening to complaints or responding sorry you had a bad day ...Many of the reviews are of ships I will never sail on or the comments are so bizarre, I start to read and move on.

That said, I do go to the review section and read about ships/ports I am interested in or going to. I just don't like them in the forum section.

I also think that some people who leave a review think that somebody from that cruise line is actually reading this and is going to "do something" about their complaint. Not.

I also don't post my review comments to the forum. But I do read ones that are posted here.

I am a satisfied Carnival cruiser but recently I cruise more on HAL. I like their longer cruises - Grand, grand World. Recently took a 10-night cruise on the new Koningsdam. Liked it too. Good food, service, lovely new ship but so many mistakes were made although all were corrected with a smile. Had to get annoyed when the staff is so helpful and anxious to please.

I agree that Carnival, as well as most other lines, has made cuts that directly affect the passengers. I do believe, however, that Carnival still provides an excellent product for their price point.

My point was, Carnival used to be a very good, cruise line. Low price for a great time. Now, still low prices, but a cruise experience commensurate with that low price. Better cruise experiences can be had, but for more money. And I don't mean the amusement park ships. HAL, Princess, Celebrity, are great experiences, without all the forced good time atmosphere.

I think Carnival still delivers an excellent product for their price point.

To use the old cliché, one cannot go to WalMart expecting a Saks experience; but you can still buy decent products at a rock-bottom price.

Having lived in Mexico del Norte (South Texas) for the last 25 years, where a fine dining experience is overpriced sub-par Taco Bell, I find the food on Carnival (and any other cruise ship I've been on so far) to be exquisite.

I find no signs of racism on cruise ships -- every passenger is treated with the utmost respect by the crew. Totally different than my day-to-day existence.

You can do pretty much what you want, with the ship offering many different activities.

If I want an active cruise, I will cruise Carnival. If I am looking to totally relax, I will choose Princess. If I am looking for something different, I will look to NCL or RCI (having not cruised with them before).

I like seeing the reviews included in the forum. It opens up more discussion instead of the typical questions we often start threads with.

As for cruising Carnival, it's the only line we've been on, and we will continue to cruise with them since they are best for our budget. With only a few cruises behind us, we have been very happy with each of the ships, the food and service etc.

Ok got that part but curious about the post to comment part is that acceptable or is it frowned on.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.