DVCruise
Contributor Level: Captain

Comments on Reviews

I don't recall all these comments on reviews posting on the forum - meaning I thought they appear below the review.  Anyway, seems like a daily bombing against Carnival!

What's up with that?

Tags:

59 Answers

BDRebel

When you are the first to reply to a review (and maybe after that also) there is a check box that asks if you want the conversation copied to the forum.

I've got mixed feelings on it -- it makes finding the review conversation easier, but like you said it also seems to spam out the forum.

I suppose it is right to have it in the forum since most comments follow the basic local forum rules -- lots of conversation with plenty of digression from the original topicBig Smile

akaGrandmaJo
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Personally, we love Carnival.  We've only had one cruise that was not up to par (Triumph out of Galveston), but we still managed to thoroughly enjoy ourselves.

IMO, newbies to Carnival often go with unrealistic expectations.  It is a laid-back, family oriented cruiseline and as with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Our opinions:

The food is not gourmet, but it is tasty.  If you go hungry, it's your own fault.

The entertainment is sometimes subpar or lacking, but the comedy clubs can't be beat. 

We've had excellent service and come home feeling quite spoiled.

Lots of cruisers dress in true Walmartian style.  This is not an elegant cruiseline,nor does it pretend  to be.  It makes for excellent people watching Big Smile

It's really interesting to check out the guest services lines after gratuities get added on accounts.

It's amazing how many people suddenly realize they have had poor service--really just a

rotten cruise.  Of course, they feel obliged to remove their gratuities Surprised

I think some folks would be better off if they do some research before they book a particular cruiseline or ship. 

DVCruise

Learned something new! No wonder there are so many ... 

ctav

I see it as refreshing new threads to post on. eh?

I've only cruised on Carnival and the negative I've comments I will either agree with or challenge the OP on their comments. If you're going to gamble with Carnival picking your  cabin, that's your luck. I will agree with those that claim the Nickel and Dime on Carnival and the oppressive selling, not me. Walk away or say no.

cruznjan
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

We've cruised with Carnival. I think it's alright. Hubby doesn't like the food, except room service and the steakhouse. We prefer Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, but we've had to consider timing and price.

JusMe

When I post on a Cruise Review I make sure it does not go to the forum,  I keep it in the review section.   If I post anymore reviews I will then make a quick comment on my own review so it will not go to the Forum.

As far as bashing Carnival,  it is the largest cruise line so it will get the most reviews.   It is running a lot of old ships that it updates (Fantasy Class).  The food is not the best,  but not the worst and as stated some of its guest dress in the Walmart style.   I think the bad reviews are because people do not do any homework before the cruise.   They see the video's of the new Vista and think all ships are like that when they book a $300.00 4 night cruise on an old ship and they are not happy,  they see TV and movies and expect formal nights and are unhappy with jeans in the MDR.  I also think some of the bad reviews are people that have cruised other lines and then try Carnival thinking it will be the same.   You do get what you pay for. 

I have cruised on most of the major lines and i know what I will be getting when I book Carnival,  not elegant,  not high end,  but a lot of fun.  I like the old Fantasy class ships, they are "comfortable" like an old pair or running shoes.........Im on vacation I don't need the dress shoes,  just the good old comfortable running shoes.

BAK1061

Carnival used to be very good.  Now........not so much.   

TERRI1962

Ok what's your point just curious like or dislike. 

ctav

Nickel and dime themselves out of business?

ctav

His point is he is a season cruiser and usually has a spot on opinion of cruise lines. Not that he dislikes or likes, he was believes Carnival is declining in their customer services. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.