Expert Review of Disney Cruise Line
Those traveling with young children.
Since the majority of Disney's passengers are traveling with at least one child, we wonder how comfortable young honeymooners who aren’t true believers would be on these cruise ships.
- Kids will never have a dull moment: Both daytime activities and nighttime entertainment are outstanding will keep them occupied and happy for the entire cruise.
- The staterooms are geared towards families: not only are they huge, but most have one-and-a-half baths (a unique feature in the cruise industry) as well as grown-up treats, like Frette linens.
- No line does a better job of providing baby-friendly amenities, from diapers in the gift shop to drop-off care for infants.
- The many adults-only spaces include a pool, a restaurant, and part of the private island.
- Remy, on Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, is one of the best French restaurants at sea.
- Disney created an innovative system that rotates passengers around the different dining rooms, with servers in tow. The result? Your waiter, who knows how you take your coffee, serves you every night.
- The décor is surprisingly elegant, rather than cartoony.
We could live without
- Some passengers may miss the casinos. (Disney doesn’t think gambling is appropriate in the family-friendly environment it created.)
- The fares are significantly higher than those on other family-friendly cruise lines.