All Holland America Ships Will Be Back in Service by Spring 2022
Holland America Line has announced the remaining return to cruising dates for all of the ships in its fleet. By late Spring 2022, the line will officially have all eleven vessels back in service.;
This new announcement from Holland America includes the latest restart dates for Noordam, Oosterdam, and Westerdam. Noordam will restart operations in March in Japan, Oosterdam will begin cruising the Mediterranean in April, and Westerdam will begin sailing this May in Alaska. According to the line with these newly announced restart dates of these ships, all cruises in Asia, Australia and New Zealand, and South America and Antarctica from January 2022 through the new return-to-service departure dates are canceled.
“We’ve been working intensely to get all of our ships back into service, and to have final restart dates that will complete the fleet is rewarding for everyone who has put their all into making this happen,” said Gus Antorcha, president of Holland America Line. “Our progressive rollout plan allows us to be back in full service over the next several months, and we look forward to welcoming guests on all 11 ships cruising in different regions around the world.”
Here’s a look at all the restart dates for Holland America Line’s ships:
- Nieuw Amsterdam - Resumed cruising on July 24, 2021. Currently sailing 7-night Alaska itineraries from Seattle.
- Eurodam - The Eurodam went back into service on August 15, 2021. The ship is sailing 7-night Greek Isles cruises from Athens.
- Zuiderdam - Resumes on September 18, 2021 sailing roundtrip from San Diego. Through April 2022, the ship will sail itineraries in the Mexican Riviera, California coast, Hawaii, and two Panama Canal voyages.
- Koningsdam - Resumes operations on October 10, 2021, sailing Mexican Rivera and California coast itineraries from San Diego.
- Rotterdam - The new Rotterdam ship will officially start passenger cruises on November 3, 2021, sailing Caribbean itineraries from Fort Lauderdale.
- Nieuw Statendam - Returns to sailing on November 21, 2021, cruising the Caribbean roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale.
- Noordam - Resumes cruising March 14, 2022, in Japan sailing roundtrip from Tokyo.
- Volendam - The Volendam will resume service on May 1, 2022, in Northern Europe. The ship will offer longer explorations ranging from 14 - 35 days to the Baltic, Norway up to North Cape and Spitsbergen, British Isles and Iceland, all roundtrip from Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Oosterdam - Restarts operations in the Mediterranean on May 1, 2022. Cruises will sail between Rome and Venice, Barcelona and Venice, or roundtrip from Venice on seven- and 12-day itineraries.
- Zaandam - Restarts operations on May 12, 2022, in the Canada/New England region. Itineraries will sail from Boston to Quebec.