8 Cruise Line Margarita Recipes
Who misses cruise margaritas? We do! Make your favorite one with the latest installation from our couch cruising series...
Since we can’t have a margarita onboard our favorite ship this year, we’ve come up with the next best thing - a round-up of some top recipes from the cruise lines to make at home. From smoky, spicy, and sweet to frozen and on the rocks, these recipes are a great way to shake up some fun in your kitchen. Take a picture of your creation and tag us on Instagram and Facebook, or share it on our forum!
1. Grand Sabor Margarita - Royal Caribbean
Photo by Royal Caribbean
- 1.5 oz Patron Reposado tequila
- ½ oz. Cedilla Acai Liqueur
- ½ oz. Grand Marnier
- ½ oz. Lime Juice
- ½ oz. Simple Syrup
- Over ice in a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cedilla Acai Liqueur, Grand Marnier, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake well.
- Double strain into a prepared glass with fresh ice and garnish.
Served at Sabor.
2. Blue Margarita - Carnival Cruise Line
Photo by Carnival Cruise Line
- 1¼ oz Margaritaville Tequila
- ¾ oz Blue Curaçao
- 1¾ oz Frozen lemonade mix
- 1¾ oz Simple syrup
- 1 Lime
- Pour all ingredients into a blender.
- Add 1 large scoop of ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass.
- Add a lime.
Served at BlueIguana Tequilla Bar.
3. Spicy Caliente Margarita - Celebrity Cruises
Photo by Celebrity Cruises on Facebook
- 2 oz Don Julio Blanco
- ½ oz Ancho Reyes
- ¾ oz Lime Juice
- ¾ oz Simple Syrup
- 2 Diced Strawberries
- Add all ingredients into a shaker.
- Add ice.
- Shake to proper dilution.
- Strain into a glass.
- Add a handful of ice to glass and salt half of rim.
- Garnish with a fresh lime wheel.
Served at the Sunset Bar.
4. Yuzu Margarita - Holland America Line
- 2 oz. Don Julio premium tequila
- ½ oz. Fresh lime juice
- ¼ oz. Yuzu juice (if no yuzu juice available, try a lemon & grapefruit juice combo)
- 1 oz. Agave syrup (1 part agave nectar, 1 part water)
- Combine tequila, juices, and nectar.
- Shake and strain into martini/champagne glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel. Add kosher salt or sea salt to half the rim.
Served at the Gallery Bar.
5. Jalapeno Cucumber Margarita - Royal Caribbean
- 1.5 oz Don Julio Blanco tequila
- 0.5 oz Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- 1 Small piece of jalapeno pepper (approximately 1/2 cm thick)
- 3 Sprigs of Cilantro
- 3 Discs of Cucumber (approximately 2 cm)
- 1 oz Lime
- 0.5 oz Simple syrup
- Muddle the jalapeno, cilantro together in a mixing glass.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a shaker tin full of ice.
- Shake well, double strain over fresh ice.
Served at Sabor.
6. Mango Margarita - Carnival Cruise Line
- 2 oz Margaritaville Tequila
- 1 oz Vitality mango puree
- ¼ oz Simple syrup
- 1 oz Frozen lemonade mix
- ½ oz Pineapple juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Pour your well-shaken margarita into a 12 oz glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Served at BlueIguana Tequila Bar.
7. Last Mango in Paris - Norwegian Cruise Line
- 4 1/2 oz. Margaritaville® Last Mango™ Tequila
- 8 1/2 oz. Margaritaville® Mango Mix
- Fill ice reservoir with ice
- Pour ingredients in a glass jar. Concoct until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite glass and garnish with a mango slice.
Served at Margaritaville® at Sea restaurants.
8. Roasted Pineapple Margarita - Crystal Cruises
- 1.5 oz. Anejo tequila
- 1 Bar-spoon roasted pineapple puree
- 1.5 oz. Fresh pineapple juice
- 0.5 oz. Fresh sweet & sour mix
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve in a rocks glass and garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge.
Honorable Mention: Smoked Peach Margarita - Norwegian Cruise Line
We don’t have the official recipe for this insanely delicious margarita (a favorite of several Cruiseline.com staffers!), but we can share its ingredients in case you’d like to experiment with the measurements yourself:
- 1800 Reposado Tequila
- Gracias a Dios Mezcal
- Triple Sec
- Peach Puree + Fresh Lime
- Organic Agave
- Hibiscus Salt
Looking for other cruise line cocktail recipes? Check out 11 Cruise Cocktails You Can Make at Home.
What is your favorite cruise line margarita?