11 Cruise Cocktail Recipes You Can Make at Home
If you’re anything like us, you’re getting pretty stir-crazy at home. We’ve come up with a fun way to pass the time and experiment by stirring up a few cruise line concoctions. Last week our article on cruise recipes you can make at home was such a hit that we figured, what better companion than a list of favorite cocktails? Without further ado, here are eleven popular cruise cocktails you can make right in your own kitchen. Be sure to post a picture of your creations and tag us on Instagram and Facebook, or share it on our forum!
1. Cucumber Sunrise — Carnival Cruise Line
- 2 cucumber wheels (muddled)
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 2 oz. Absolut vodka
- 2 oz. watermelon syrup
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 1 cucumber wheel garnish
- Add muddled cucumbers, lime juice, vodka, syrup and orange juice into glass.
- Shake contents.
- Strain excess pulp.
- Pour into separate glass with ice.
- Garnish with a cucumber.
Served at the Alchemy Bar.
2. Coco Loco — Royal Caribbean
- .75 oz. dark rum
- .75 oz. coconut rum
- .5 oz. orange juice concentrate
- .5 oz. pineapple juice concentrate
- .5 oz. papaya juice concentrate
- .5 oz. coconut cream
- .25 oz. grenadine
- Pineapple wedge garnish
- Add ingredients, along with a half-cup of crushed ice, into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cocktail glass.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge.
Inspired by and found on Perfect Day at CocoCay, but is also available on the ships.
3. Negroni — Holland America
- 2 orange wedges
- 1.5 oz gin
- .5 oz sweet vermouth
- .5 oz Campari
- 1 oz soda
- A strip of lemon zest
- In a cocktail shaker, hand press orange wedge with a muddler.
- Pack with ice to the top and add all other ingredients.
- Shake & pour into an old fashioned glass with a strip of lemon zest for garnish.
4. Kiss on the Lips — Carnival Cruise Line
- 1 1/2 ounces peach schnapps
- 5 ounces frozen mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Put the peach schnapps, frozen mango and crushed ice into a blender.
- Blend in spurts until smooth.
- Pour the grenadine into the bottom of a cocktail glass.
- Pour the blended mixture in over the top of it.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice and cherry.
5. Konk Kooler — Disney Cruise Line
- 1/2 ounce dark rum
- 3/4 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1 ounce piña colada mix
- 1 ounce orange juice
- Pour everything into a blender and turn it on at full speed for a few seconds to mix all ingredients together.
- Pour over crushed ice.
- Garnish with orange wedges and maraschino cherries.
Found on Disney's private Bahamian island, Castaway Cay.
6. Mocha Chocolate Getaway — Carnival Cruise Line
- 3/4 oz Irish Cream
- 3/4 oz Dark Rum
- 1/4 oz Butescotch Schapps
- 1/4 oz Kahlua
- 2 1/2 oz Ice Cream Mix
- Chocolate Syrup
- Line the inside of glass with chocolate syrup.
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend with ice until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
7. Purple Rain — MSC Cruises
- About .5 oz of Grenadine
- 1.5 ounces Bacardi Oakhart Rum
- 1.5 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- 3.5 ounces sweet n sour mix
- .5 ounces gin
- .5 ounces blue curaçao
- Pour Grenadine in the bottom of a glass.
- Mix the rum, vodka, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix in a shaker and pour into the glass slowly and at an angle, so as not to mix it with the Grenadine.
- Mix the gin and Curacao and float it on the top.
8. Rebellious Fish — Norwegian Cruise Line
- .75 oz. Passoa passion fruit liqueur
- .75 oz. Russian Standard vodka
- .25 oz. triple sec
- 2 oz. prosecco
- 2 oz. Orange juice
- Fresh berries (garnish)
- Combine passionfruit liqueur, vodka, triple sec and orange juice in a mixing glass.
- Shake contents.
- Pour mixture into glass, over ice.
- Pour prosecco (sparkling wine) through strainer into 12 oz. serving glass, over ice.
- Float berries on top.
9. Hot Mulled Wine (Glühwein) — Viking
- 3 (750 ml) bottles dry red wine (zinfandel, pinot or Burgundy)
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 pinches allspice
- 2 pinches mace
- 1 pt brandy
- 1 qt dry white wine
- 1 med orange, cut into wedges
- 1 med lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 med oranges, sliced
- 12 cinnamon sticks
- Pour red wine into a 3-gal pot (or larger) and heat gently; add sugar and spices, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and steep for 1 hour over low heat.
- To serve, remove fruit wedges and strain out cloves, garnishing with orange slices and a cinnamon stick.
10. Paradise Punch — Princess Cruises
- 3/4 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz Southern Comfort
- 3/4 oz Amaretto
- 1/3 oz Lime cordial
- 1 oz Grenadine
- 2 oz Pineapple juice
- 1 oz Orange juice
- Shake and strain over ice.
- Garnish with orange and cherry.
11. Miami Vice — Carnival Cruise Line
- 5 oz Bacardi 151
- 1 can Frozen Pina Colada Mix
- 1 can Frozen Daiquiri Mix
- Mix the pina colada with 2 1/2 oz rum & ice.
- Mix the daiquiri with 2 1/2 oz rum/ice.
- Add the pina colada to a cocktail glass, then add the daiquiri on top.
Join the discussion
Which recipe are you going to make?