LUGGAGE TAGS

Any suggestions for holders for paper luggage tags?

Tags: luggage boarding pass

23 Answers

I laminate the paper ones with 2 1/2" wide packing tape and have never had a problem.

Remember in the old days when you got a packet in the mail a couple weeks before a cruise with your tickets, itinerary, and the plastic printed luggage tags that were self adhesive ?

Laminating sheets and a stapler or a zip strip, haven't lost one yet

More on luggage tag holders------someone started a thread on this last year, (see link). It came at an opportune time for me, as our tag holders were worn out and I had scoured the town unable to find anyone anywhere who carried them. It would seem that the travel catalog "Travel Smith" would have them but nope. The ones I had were from Fred Meyers who had discontinued carrying anything like that in their store travel sections.

I think it was glomarrone on that thread who put me onto Amazon.com. Wow, talk about going famine to feast. Only problem I had was that there were 27 different types for sale, and we didn't have much time for mail delivery and then to experiment before embarkation day. So I just order four different packs at random. When they came they all looked pretty good but I liked the looks of the Cruise Tag Caddys the best. So I used them. We have about 5 cruises under our belt since then and they still look like new, half of those involved air travel to Europe. They have been put to the test of the toughest ramp rats around and still survived.

The Fred Meyer's ones were PVC too with teflon straps. Trouble was the PVC was thin and the teflon got brittle, lucky we didn't lose a bag. As previously posted, these are thick PVC with little stainless steel cables for connection.

Wife saw the other ones laying around and wondered why I wasted all that money buying so many. Sometimes you just can't win.

http://cruiseline.com/forum/post/how-do-you-protect-the-paper-luggage-tags/2?page=3&per_page=10

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=luggage+tag+holders

Is direct advertising not against the guidelines for this forum?

We have had real good luck with these:

"Cruise Tag Caddy 8 Pack Luggage Etag Holders Zip Seal & Steel Loops Thick PVC

List Price:$24.99

Price:$14.73 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. FREE Returns.

You Save:$10.26 (41%)

Size: 8 Luggage Tag Holders

In Stock.

Sold by MB40 Brands and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .

If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .

INCLUDES: 8 cruise ship Zip Seal luggage tag holders and 8 braided steel ties. Now your paper tags won't rip off leaving you with lost luggage.

DURABLE: 60% thicker than other cruise luggage tag holders. Has a metal eyelet, zip seal, made of super thick PVC clear material that keeps your tags safely attached to your luggage. UNIVERSAL SIZE: Use them for Princess, P&O, Norwegian, Carnival, Costa, and Holland America cruises. Weather you're going to the bahamas or Europe Your bags will be safe. HIGH QUALITY STEEL TIES: All cruise tag holders have a braided stainless steel loop that easily secures your tags to your bags by tightening the threaded metal barrel connector. The ties will not break!" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UR2M3JM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.