We built Cruiseline.com.com to help cruisers share and read cruise reviews as well as get together and share their experiences. To do that, we collect personal information about you. We understand this personal information is YOURS. As such, we give you control over your personal information. Cruiseline.com helps you share information with other cruisers and make new friends. You choose what information to put in your profile, including contact and personal information, pictures and interests. At any time, you can modify all of this through your Settings page.
What Information Do We Collect?
You can browse and read most of the content cruiseline.com without telling us who you are. In order to use the interactive features, including joining a cruise roll call, posting a cruise review or participating in the forums, you are required to register. If you choose to give us personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, gender;
- general information about you such as full name, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies;
- information based on your activities on Cruiseline.com.com (such as your cruises, reviews or posts to the discussion forum);
- community discussions, dispute resolution, correspondence sent to us; and
- standard web log information, such as connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our site, ad data, and IP address
How Secure Is The Information We Collect?
Your information is stored on our web host's servers located in the United States. Cruiseline.com is committed to industry best practices concerning security to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information in our possession. However, as you know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The personal information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service. We will only share this information with companies or individuals outside of Cruiseline.com under the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users interested in scuba diving on a particular cruise, for example. Such information does not identify you individually.
Children under age 13
This site is not directed to persons under 13. Cruiseline.com does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for Cruiseline.com or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on Cruiseline.com. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us through the contact us page.
This document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. Cruiseline.com does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Cruiseline.com may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.