If not a cruise in 2021, will you travel?

With the vaccine coming out and travel opening up, if you do not take a cruise in 2021 or 2022 will you just stay home or will you vacation by car, train or plane?

13 Answers

We have a cruise booked on NCL Sky sailing 09/12/21. Let us hope that the ship will sail under the new normal. Love to cruise and we are looking forward to 2022 when the cruise industry will be back in full force. Meanwhile, doing a great deal of walking and appreciating nature. Phyllis and Marvin Goodman Devoted longtime cruisers. We may fly to Atlanta to visit our family if planes will be safer for flying by this summer. Have not been together with our family in over 2 years. Zoom has been great during covid-19. We have had our vaccination shots so all is good.

Recently booked a cruise for early 2022 with Princess on the Enchanted.

My bride and I are scheduled for our second vaccine this Saturday, so we'll be set. We have a Hawaii cruise booked for October, if it's cancelled, the airfare is already paid so I think we'll still go to Hawaii and stay in a hotel.

If we can't cruise this year we will probably go to FL and hang out on the Gulf Coast for a couple of weeks.

We have a camper with a seasonal site.. we spend our summer's there.

I think it really depends on the CDC and what happens with cruising specifically. To me the cruising industry will be under a huge microscope on opening back up due to what happened to guests and staff last year. If things open up in the mainland or international travel, we may look at other options if cruising is still under close scrutiny in the fall of this year to the spring of next year.

Spring 2022 is the earliest we will do any form of international travel. We figure that by then some semblance of protocol will be in place.

I can't. I work in Activities in a nursing home as the Assistant Director. I'm considered a frontline employee and if I travel, I have to stay out of work for 2 more weeks upon return. Those two weeks would go against my sick/vacation time, so I would waste all of it on one vacation.

However, once things lift, this may change. Once it's deemed safe to cruise, I may not have to follow such strict restrictions. I have been fully vaccinated since Inauguration Day, so I'm at extremely low risk of contracting the virus.

Yes - will visit family cross country

We are still scheduled for our Riverboat cruise in October 2021 and our B2B in February/March 2022. We plan to drive to Santa Fe, NM in September as cast members for their Renaissance Festival. We may visit another Festival during 2021, depending on what is open and what restrictions are in place.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.