Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Some God, Some Bad

Sail Date: April 12, 2011

Sip is old and showing wear. Dining Areas were not what I expected from this cruise line.

Pros: Going through the Panama Canal

Cons: Food/Dining

Recommends Zuiderdam? No.

It ws terrible - From the As You Wish Dining to the Lido Buffet to the Terrace Grill. Waitstaff was undermanned and fighting a losing battle. Food in the dining room was pretty, but not very tasty. Food in the Lido Buffet was just OK but the service was horrible. Dirty tables, long lines and no silverware were my biggest complaints. It was a mess.
Most staff were friendly and smiling. The waitstaff in the Dining Room and Buffet acted as if they were unhappy and wished they were somewhere else. Many people on the cruise were talking about it.
Easy to get around, but the ship is showing her age. It was generally clean but you would notice areas that needed attention from time to time.
Stateroom was clean and the attendant was excellent. I could not ask for better service. My only comment would be the linens. They were old, thin and in need of replacement.
Shows were well done. water Aerobics were fun but crowded.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Amazing beaches, but the locals are not "tourist friendly".
Clean, bright and friendly. I want to go back and spend a week on my own. Great Port.
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
Locals were friendly and helpful. I felt safe browsing through town. Visited a beautiful church.
Colon, Panama
Area was poor and dirty. I stayed very close to the ship.