Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A spectacular cruise

Sail Date: September 09, 2006

The service was just about perfect. The ship was beautiful and clean.

Pros: Glacier Bay

Cons: Cold coffee one morning in the state room, having to leave the ship

Juneau, Alaska
Would liked to have had more time there. We did the Mendenhall Glacier and Whale Quest together. While the Glacier was interesting, it paled in comparison to what we were to see. I would have liked to have had time to do the Tramway.
Don't Miss: Whale Quest
Juneau, Alaska
Don't Miss: Whale Quest
Skagway, Alaska
The White Pass and Yukon Railway had spectacular views, but they don''t stop or slow down for one to take pictures (some of my pictures will be fuzzy). We just went to the top of White Pass but one does have the option on going further. I'm glad we did the shorter trip because we hooked up with a FREE National Park walking tour of Skagway.
Don't Miss: The free National Park walking tour of Skagway
Ketchikan, Alaska
There were so many appealing choices but we chose the Snorkel Alaska. . I'm glad we did it because it was interesting but having snorkeled in the Caribbean several times, the amount we could see in the water was limited once you were away from shore. Our leader would bring creatures up for us to see and touch. We had to wear 1/4 inch wet suites, hoods, gloves and boots (which was good). That was an experience in itself. I would not do this tour again, but I'm glad I did just to say "I've snorkeled in Alaska".
Don't Miss: we just had enough time for the one activity (see above)
Skagway, Alaska
Don't Miss: The free National Park walking tour of Skagway
Ketchikan, Alaska
Don't Miss: we just had enough time for the one activity (see above)