Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska in the sunshine

Sail Date: August 25, 2007

Room Type: Suite

This ship was typical of this HAL class of ship - clean, good service, great suites, excellent food

Pros: White Pass Railroad, sailing by the glaciers, scenery , great cruise food

Cons: The Lido buffet set-up

Recommends Zuiderdam? Yes!

The ship was kept very clean.
This was the best cruise dining we have had thus far - great variety on the menu of different culture foods - American, Asian, Indian, French, and being in Alaska - lots of salmon and seafood
We had a suite in the concierge class and it was fabulous. The bathroom is unbelievable for a ship - double sinks, two places to bathe - tub with jets and a shower. Two people can actually use this bathroom at the same time easily. I love the big windows in the stateroom and the large deck. I would go has good as I could pay for for an Alaskan cruise because you enjoy the scenery from your veranda so much. These suites also have king size beds. There are lots of amenities for concierge class - great food treats, binoculars, something coming all the time.
Excellent - I asked for a five minute egg because I don't like runny whites or yolks but not quite hard boiled. The waiter asked how I liked it. I told him it was done exactly how I wanted it. They also had a 7 minute egg and a three minute egg on reserve in case I wasn't pleased with the 5 minute egg. The whole cruise went that way. This is our second on HAL because I like the service.
I would like to have the big shows every night but they only produce two of them. The other nights are a comedian, magician, whatever.
Skagway, Alaska
White Pass Railroad and the dog team rides. I had no idea dogs went that fast.
Don't Miss: White Pass Railroad and dog teams
Juneau, Alaska
Must see the Mendenhall Glacier. The helicopter trip is great.
Don't Miss: Mendanhall Glacier
Ketchikan, Alaska
For a drive about town and shopping - this is the best port. Sockeye Sams was the best shopping for Alaskan made goods anywhere on the cruise. They also are right on the pier. Ketchikan has the most interesting town. We went on the crab boat and had crab all you could eat - was very good.
Don't Miss: Take time to see this quaint little town. It is worth it - very interesting place.